Changing your own tires?

Hey you old fartbag quit raining on our parade
tounge.gif
J/K

Good point about the harmonic frequency !
I will make a promise to you Helibusa if I decide to go faster than the speed of sound I'll have my tires computer balanced for you and me
tounge.gif

This is in NO WAY meant as a slam toward anyone who posted here, but it does seem kinda funny to read where people get excited about the prospect of changing their own bike tires.....lol  

It aint about changing tires,Playa, its all about taking care of your own shiat and saving some chees cuz this shiat adds up and these boyz will hit your azz over the head with the outrageous prices they charge you to mount and balance a tire you just bought from them . I cant count how many times I have heard  or read about some grease monkey at the dealership or bike shop scratchn up somebody rims or droppn their bike off the stand or like a current situation . The mechanic put on a new tire for a customer then decide to take it out for spin but never made it back to the shop in one piece but rather in pieces.

Peace Out
Ty[/QUOTE]
Your point is dead-on, I do agree completely with being able to take care of your own Shiat and will be checking out Harbor Freight soon.

BUT, I don't think I will be going the static balance route. There are too many subtle things that can be affected in a bad way from not having tires properly balanced. You can balance a tire on a static stand to where it appears perfect, then spin it up on a computer balancer and see that it is still way out.

We can agree to leaving that at personal preference though.

It's all good.......

tounge.gif

Your point is dead-on, I do agree completely with being able to take care of your own Shiat and will be checking out Harbor Freight soon.

BUT, I don't think I will be going the static balance route.  There are too many subtle things that can be affected in a bad way from not having tires properly balanced.  You can balance a tire on a static stand to where it appears perfect, then spin it up on a computer balancer and see that it is still way out.

It's all good....... [/QUOTE]

As soon as I get Medusa back on the road and make a couple of hi-speed runs I'll be sure to give you a full report on how wheel
tounge.gif
she handled.  Also I'll try to have them computer balanced as well to verify the accuracy my home jobbr.

I should have held off on  giving out any info on my home made balancing bar til I have tested it out first. Being that there  some many of them being sold online and I havent read anywhere online that these aftermarket instrument are in dangering anyone lives, atleast not from what I have researched.

Computer balancing is a terrific tool and wont knock it but what do you think the Nascar Playaz were using to balance their tires before the computer balancer came out, plus tire manufactures companies have advance quite a bit in their tire developement processing for economical tires as well.

If you do decide to purchase a Harbor Frieght tire changer build your own balancing bar like the one I have to balance your tires before taking them to your local tire company for balancing .
Local bike shops around here wont touch a tire (rim) that wasnt purchased throuhg them .

It's all good.......[/QUOTE]

Tru dat, Playa

bowdown.gif

Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114020313 -->

Back