Changing the the chain and both sprockets

Phrogg

Registered
Ok, the chain and both sprockets should be here this week. I'm wondering if there is anything I should be aware of or look for while taking it all apart and putting it back together? I've never done the front sprocket before so that is the only part that kind of worries me.

Thanks guys!

Front sprocket is real tight from the factory...hope you have a impact gun!
Posted via Mobile Device

i didnt have that much trouble with the front sprocket. from what everyone says on here, i was expecting it to be a total pita. i just put a metal bar thru the rear wheel/swingarm to keep it from moving while i used a breaker bar to loosen up the nut. came off like a champ :thumbsup:

Front sprocket should be real tight and we always use an impact to take off and put back on. But a big azz cheater bar would be good too. Make sure your rear wheel is as aligned as possible when you put it back on. Also if you have extensions or an extended swing arm dont over tighten your rear axle.

When I change my front sprocket I use a 1/2 drive impact gun. To put it back on I put the trans in 1st gear and hold the rear brake and using a torque wrench tighten to 105 ftlbs. When putting on the cover you mite need to push the piston in for the slave cylinder and also make sure the clutch pushrod is seated into the slave cylinder. The cove bolts are torqued to 7 ftlbs .

Back