Changing the rear shock spring

_dr_

Registered
I would like to have my busa lowered around 1 inch and can read it will be necessary to switch to a harder spring.

Standard is 13.1 kg, so what would you guy's think was the best bet for a rider of 250 lbs and passenger of 140 lbs?

Swingarm is not extended. And its not for racing, only street use.

14,3 kg ?

15,2 kg ?

16,1 kg ?

17,9 kg ?

19,6 kg ?

I'm not a suspension expert but that is a complicated question. That's not a big load for a Busa actually. But luggage, how you ride will be a factor. Not sure who's spring you are looking at but I know Racetech and Ohlins have extensive databases of suspension setups and they should be able to help you with a good choice. Remember that after you change the spring the dampening will need adjustment. Lowering the Busa and riding passengers (even light ones) is a bad combination. If you and your passenger ride a lot you might want to reconsider.

I would like to have my busa lowered around 1 inch and can read it will be necessary to switch to a harder spring.

Standard is 13.1 kg, so what would you guy's think was the best bet for a rider of 250 lbs and passenger of 140 lbs?

14,3 kg ?

15,2 kg ?

16,1 kg ?

17,9 kg ?

19,6 kg ?

good question!

14,3 kg ?

15,2 kg ?

16,1 kg ?

17,9 kg ?

19,6 kg ?

Gen I or Gen II(I believe the Gen II has a stiffer spring than the Gen I)?My Gen II has been lowered at least 2" in the rear and 1" in the front,and I'm around 230 lbs. and girlfriend around 140 lbs. and I've never had the rear tire rub.It may if I were to come flying off of a jump or hit a huge pothole but other than that I don't see it rubbing.

Back