Changing the oil....

AdvoBusa

Registered
What oil is everybody using? I used to use Mobile 1 Full synthetic on all my Gen 1 but just checking if anybody is doing the same on the Gen 2 I will have the bike torn down for exhaust and few other things so while I was in there might as well do its first oil change and first service.

Thanks in advance

:snap: another oil thread.. :stirpot:

by the way I just changed my oil 2 days ago using 4 qts mobile1 full synthetic 4T racing from advance auto $10.99/qt and a K&N filter from amazon for $10.50 shipped.

I also use mobile1 on both of my cars also. Personal preference. IF you can jump on the Rotella oil deal going on at advance auto. theres a new thread on here. GL

I use Royal Purple 10-W40 with a K & N filter. I finally found a local shop that has it. How do you guys check your oil level? I like that the bike has the little window but trying to hold the bike upright and croch down to see it is a b---h!

Amsoil 10W40 synthetic with K&N filter every 5K-7K miles. Just did it today for the summer season and 600 mile per week commute.

I use Royal Purple 10-W40 with a K & N filter. I finally found a local shop that has it. How do you guys check your oil level? I like that the bike has the little window but trying to hold the bike upright and croch down to see it is a b---h!

I cheat and eyeball it while it's on the lift.:laugh:

BrocksTopTree013_zpsdd9dc2c4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Never had an issue holding the bike up and looking at the sight glass :dunno: Are you doing this on level ground sober?

I use Mobile 1 sytnthetic as well with a K&N oil filter. Regular change every 3k miles works for me :beerchug:

Back