changing screen on 2008 busa

banditzx10

Registered
silly question here , but i have never changed the screen on the busa 2008 . looks like only 2 bolts to take out is it as simple as this . or is it more hassle than it looks :please:
i have a new double bubble one coming is why am asking cheers

I'm telling you I did it without issue, so it must be real simple, I've only done it once and have no advice to offer because I really don't remember what it was like. It must have been super easy. :laugh:

Like ^^^said its a simple job but the rubber grommets are a pita.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Agreed. One of the first "wrenching" things I did on my own bike...

Be forwarned - once you start doing this, it will tempt you to do more and more of your own work!

Spray a little WD 40 on and down by the rubber plugs before you try to take them out and then before you put them back in. It makes it a lot easier :thumbsup:

Spray a little WD 40 on and down by the rubber plugs before you try to take them out and then before you put them back in. It makes it a lot easier :thumbsup:

+1 or dish soap.

I remember the screen being a little difficult to get back in, but it still only took a couple minutes to do. I try and avoid working on the bike like the plague and I got it done. The grommets were a little difficult too, but just work them till they go back in (I think I used some needle nose pliers to get them in and out and it worked well).

take the push pin out of the inside dash right behind the windscreen screw so u can get some room behind those rubbers. if u dont the rubbers will catch the dash panels and make it a pain

Back