Changing rear tire price?.......

tracks

Banned
I bought a new rear tire and was just wondering what everyone else does when its time to change tires?
do you change it yourself? Cuz a lot of people don't have tire changers in their garage.

What do you guys and gals pay for a tire change?

Indy prices in my area ranged from $25 to $40 (rim on bike). Dealer rate started @ $80-$90 per tire.

Here at the local shop mounting is free if you buy the tires there bring the wheels (what I do). $25 each, wheels on the bike.

for 25 dollars rim off bike, its easly done by them, balance included. free if bought in house....but internet tires alway kill any local tire places, hands down.

rudeboy, are you up for a road trip on 03JUN to check out the Mojave Mile :whistle:

I pay 20 for mount and balance, I do live in the great state of California so prices may vary. I take off my wheels so I do not have to pay extra, I was joking about the California thing though. Unless you are able to buy the equipment to mount and balance your own wheels, it is useless to ask. We are all looking for deals on how to mount a tire but is your life worth it?? I leave those things to people who can mount and balance a tire, I take my wheels off as well as put them back on. It is a small price to pay for it being done right, you will know if it is done wrong. I would like to add that when I am changing my bikes shoes (tires) I stick with the same brand. Would you buy a Nike for your left and a Reebok for your right? Keep it simple and straight and you will be protected. Cost should not be an issue for your safety, I would rather pay 5 or 10 or even 20 for my safety.I ride my ride and so should you, if 5 dollars extra gets you home safely then it was worth it.
I will add that if you are looking for ease on checking your tire pressure on your bike side stems are great, please excuse any misspelling of words, I just got home from The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach with my two year old so, I am a little tired. I urge you not to put a price on safety, if you do it right those tires will get you home. I would give all that I have to get home after a ride to see my family, seeing the smile on my sons face is worth all I have.

Back