Changing my fork springs what other parts I need?

hayabusapower

Registered
Alright my oil seals on my 2006 Hayabusa are leaking it time to change them. I figure it also time to change my fork springs. I’ve been searching in the forum for what I would need and I can't figure out what other parts I need other then seals, dust seals and new springs. My weight is 250lbs and my brother rides my bike also, he weight is 230lbs. As for spring rate I think 1.00kg and 10w oil fork is good for me and him. Most of my riding is on the road and sometime the suspension feels a bit sloppy. I miss the way my 03 GSXR1000 handle and I would love to get back that ridding style on my busa. Should I also change my back spring? If anyone can let me know what I need as parts and best way to set up my front and back suspension. Thank you in advance! :thumbsup:

I would go with new valves on those front forks also. Look into racetech valves and springs. It's what i am using, but i am sure others have a different preference.

Fixed your duplicate posts for ya..

Do you have the tools to disassemble the forks? The right tools makes the job *much* easier.

Never hurts to replace the crush washers on the bolts on the bottom of the forks. As well as the o-rings on the fork caps. About $10 for both, cheap insurance even though it's uncommon for the old ones to leak.

If you are not going any heavier than 1.0 springs, new upgraded valving may not be necessary for casual street riding. 10w oil is a good idea.

You may want to entertain the idea of sending your forks into Racetech, GP Suspension or whomever you choose to have your forks overhauled and set up properly.

Google Kent at Race Tech, he will get you the hook up. Pretty sure he sells the kit to do the Gold Valve upgrade, comes with all needed parts. Or bring your bike to him in NW Ga.
Posted via Mobile Device

I called Race Tech today and got all the info on what I need to change. For my front fork spring 1.0 with the gold valve kit. For my rear spring 15.2 and valve kit. Now time to odder all this parts and install them. Can't wait to ride my BUSA with this new setup. Thanks you for all your help and input on what I need! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I called Race Tech today and got all the info on what I need to change. For my front fork spring 1.0 with the gold valve kit. For my rear spring 15.2 and valve kit. Now time to odder all this parts and install them. Can't wait to ride my BUSA with this new setup. Thanks you for all your help and input on what I need! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Take lots of pics and post a full instructional install :beerchug:. Im curious as to how to do this myself...

I put race techs in my front forks a few months ago and I am also 250 lbs and they told me 1.1kg. My personal opinion is the 1.0's will still be soft for you especially when you add the weight of your gear. I put 5wt oil in and while I have been fine tuning the settings I will be adding 7wt or 10wt soon to see what difference it makes as I still feel they are a tad soft.

Good luck,
Scott

Back