Changing front sprocket

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I am going to attempt to change my front sprocket to a 16 tooth after work today. Are there any tips or tricks I chould know about? Can anyone give me a step by step on what to do. I have changed several over the years but never on a a Busa.
Thanks in advance,
David

I'd like to read the tips on this too!

tounge.gif

--Wag--

not hard...step by step available from the shop manual sticky pinned here. If nothing else, go in and print off or read before you begin. Torque eveything, use red loctite. loosen the nut on the front sprocket before removing the chain....while there, emtpy and clean your coolant bottle, there will be some sediment in it. DO NOT overtighten the case bolts, they will snap.....I know....  
wink.gif
oh, ya....when putting shift lever back on, adjust down a bit to help w/ false nuetrals. have some spray degreaser available to remove all the chain wax build up, you're going to find out where it all collects. Make sure you loctite and torque the speed sensor bolt, if it comes loose, will cost you big $.

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118994069 -->

I saved and printed a copy of the manual a few weeks ago. It is a hell of a book. 503 pages. I will start with it. However, any experience with it will help. Since I work for the Government I have lots of good copy equipment available in my office.
Thanks,
David

Back