Changed spark plugs and old one had oil on one

Shilpan

Registered
When I took out spark plugs one of them had oil on it. Is that of any concern? If so what should I do? Also one of them was a little rusted.

An oily plug usually has something to do with a valve or the rings. A rusted (above the threads) plug is usually just the result of moisture gathering around the plug at its base, not a worry. A compression check and/or a leak down test should identify the problem. Good luck!

An oily plug usually has something to do with a valve or the rings.  A rusted (above the threads) plug is usually just the result of moisture gathering around the plug at its base, not a worry.  A compression check and/or a leak down test should identify the problem.  Good luck!
+1 High mileage engine? Or rode it extremely hard?"¦. I would think rings more than a valve seal.
2cents.gif

solorbarak, could you pm me pics of you kanji's. I have a 07 Blue and would like to change the color. thanks

If the oil was on the top part of the plug, your looking at a leaking valve cover. Not to big of a deal, but if the oil is only on the threads of the plug, do the compression test both wet and dry and go from there.
beerchug.gif

Back