changed rider pegs

05bulldog

Donating Member
Registered
I have changed out the stock rider pegs for some Pro-tek and have adjusted the rear brake, but for the life of me can not figure out how to adjust the gear lever so I do not have to break my ankle to change gears!! HELP someone!! PLEASE!! Thanks in advance.

Chad

anyone got anything about how to adjust the angle for the gear side??
blush.gif

sad.gif

Chad

Very simple to do just, there are 2 nuts which need to be turned at each end of the rod that connects the lever to the gear shift. They are under the rubber piece that protects them, just loosen both of them and then twist the rod, you should see the lever move up and down. You should only have to adjust the lever a 1/4 inch or less, and then tighten them both up and your done.

thanks manatrader, i saw those but tried to loosen each individually and got a little scared when everything started moving...I will try and loosen both at the same time tonight when I get in from work.
smile.gif

...should keep that in mind!! Might come handy when Ichange my foot pegs next week
wink.gif

Very simple to do just, there are 2 nuts which need to be turned at each end of the rod that connects the lever to the gear shift. They are under the rubber piece that protects them, just loosen both of them and then twist the rod, you should see the lever move up and down. You should only have to adjust the lever a 1/4 inch or less, and then tighten them both up and your done.
worked like a champ...thanks again!!!

Back