CHANGED PLUGS TODAY

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got 10,000 miles on my '06 so I decided it was a good time to change the spark plugs. I never had the air box off so I went slow--unhook this, uplug that, etc. Old plugs came out easy and really didn't look too bad. Got everything hooked back up and started the bike. WOW--what a difference!!! While I couldn't take her out on the road (too cold, ice, snow) the idle in the garage was smooth and nice! Easier job than I thought! Guess I won't wait so long next time!

When Paul changed mine I thought they looked fine too, he mentioned that the brown color around the base of the plug was a sign that they needed to be replaced.

It definelty makes a difference.

beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 20 2007,04:43) The Lamb has spoken  
bowdown.gif
Just giving Wag some $-hit! Mine got changed with the service at 18,000 miles. If it makes that much of a difference, maybe it will happen at lambs next oil change!

Dude, I don't even go 0.1 mile over. Otherwise, it just starts running like crap.

I always wondered why your bike was running so rough. I just thought it was crappy gas.

poke.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

(heavybusa @ Jan. 11 2007,10:54) When Paul changed mine I thought they looked fine too, he mentioned that the brown color around the base of the plug was a sign that they needed to be replaced.

It definelty makes a difference.
Hey Heavy, did you put stock plugs back in or something else? I need to do this also this winter. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

(CBXRider @ Jan. 24 2007,13:50) What has to come off body wise, to get at the plugs?
Not much. Lift tank (I pulled it VERY high with a bungie strap hooked to one of the holes in the front of the tank and then hooked to the grab bar). Then remove the air box (good time to check the air filter). Once that's off, the plugs are right there. Pull plug boots straight up (don't twist). Very simple.

THANKS! I was thinking I'd have to remove the front fairing piece. I checked my air cleaner at 10,000 and cleaned it. Looks like it will last until 15,000. The bike runs fine and I was going to change plugs at 15,000 along with a new air filter and a valve check.

(CBXRider @ Jan. 24 2007,15:flamethrowing:) THANKS!  I was thinking I'd have to remove the front fairing piece.  I checked my air cleaner at 10,000 and cleaned it.  Looks like it will last until 15,000.  The bike runs fine and I was going to change plugs at 15,000 along with a new air filter and a valve check.
I thought my bike was running good with 10,000 miles on the plugs. Stuck in the new set--WHAT A DIFFERENCE! You'll be suprised!

Back