Championship math

shortBoarder

on the pegs + into the sun
Donating Member
Registered
From Moto GP:

With the championship in the balance, here's how the championship will be decided:

- If Hayden wins the race in Valencia, Rossi must come in second to win the championship.

- Hayden takes second, Rossi must be at least 4th.

- Hayden in third, Rossi must be at least 8th.

- Hayden in fourth, Rossi must be at least 11th.

- Hayden in sixth, Rossi must be at least 14th.

- Hayden in seventh, Rossi must simply gain a single point.

This is gonna be good
firedevil.gif

Yep! The race will rock - but how awesome would it be to have a single 990 champion? Go Vale!

Lost track lately. I saw that Hayden had crashed in a race. What happened to his huge point lead?

I wouldn't miss the race on Sunday for anything. If the End of the World is comming on Sunday- Im still pulling up my chair, and tuning into SPEED for this race!

Bad situation that may lead to a very good race, grab your  
lurk.gif

Here is a vid of the crash

Last edited by a moderator:
(Over_Easy @ Oct. 26 2006,01:07) Lost track lately.  I saw that Hayden had crashed in a race.  What happened to his huge point lead?
Hayden's teammate lowsided trying to pass him and took them both out of the race.

I've been rooting for Rossi, but I absolutely HATE what happened to Hayden. If it were a matter of Hayden winning the last race means he wins the championship, that would be cool, but Rossi ALSO needs to be beaten by someone in addition to Hayden.

As someone mentioned in an earlier post, the lack of a penalty at (I forget the race) against Rossi is coming back to haunt Hayden.

If Hayden rides his A$$ off, as do other riders, and if Rossi isn't as strong, then definitely Hayden deserves it. This is the type of scenario where Rossi shines though, so it will be tough.

I just hope there aren't a lot of crashes. Imagine if Rossi wins, he will be the SOLE 990cc CHAMPION. That's some serious [edit] STUFF.

How can any American not pull for the Kentucky Kid? Nothing against Rossi for being Italian but he ain't American.

(Juggler @ Oct. 26 2006,09:09) As someone mentioned in an earlier post, the lack of a penalty at (I forget the race) against Rossi is coming back to haunt Hayden.  
It was the Philip Island round, oh and lets not forget the Malaysia qualifying Faux pas.

Rossi may have his hands full this weekend though. Because you know Colin Edwards is going to do his best for Rossi. Honda has undoubtedly changed their understanding of Team orders. There is a whole fleet of Honda merchandise on that grid for one reason! And that reason, come Sunday may be something other than selling motorcycles! I would not be too surprised if the entire fleet is given orders to jump all over Rossi and Edwards from the get go! I would like to see a straight fight but you never know. One thing I just read is that the President of HRC is not even going to the race! That is particularly interesting just because HRC built all of those Hondas and this may be the biggest race in history! I want to see one thing happen after the race though. I want to see Nicky walk up to Alberto Puig and deliver the all time round house Chuck Norris style back handed Ho slap to his country ass!

Wouldn’t you know it I now have a frigging dilemma to deal with Sunday!!! I come home from work last night. Get yelled at by the wife for dripping all over (Rain ride!) her freshly shampooed rug. I get out of my gear and tell her I have a few buddies coming over to watch the race of the decade on Sunday! Then she lowers the boom on me. “You do know it’s your Daughters birthday on Sunday don’t youâ€￾? OMG I totally spaced it! So now my wife wants me to blow off the race so we can take my soon to be 4 year old out for her Birthday! What to do, what to do??? I am recording the race regardless but man I would love to see it first hand! This is a test man I know it! No way would I blow off my youngster but man this is down right unfortunate!

(bigoltool @ Oct. 26 2006,14:03)
(Juggler @ Oct. 26 2006,09:09) As someone mentioned in an earlier post, the lack of a penalty at (I forget the race) against Rossi is coming back to haunt Hayden.
It was the Philip Island round, oh and lets not forget the Malaysia qualifying Faux pas.

Rossi may have his hands full this weekend though. Because you know Colin Edwards is going to do his best for Rossi. Honda has undoubtedly changed their understanding of Team orders. There is a whole fleet of Honda merchandise on that grid for one reason! And that reason, come Sunday may be something other than selling motorcycles! I would not be too surprised if the entire fleet is given orders to jump all over Rossi and Edwards from the get go! I would like to see a straight fight but you never know. One thing I just read is that the President of HRC is not even going to the race! That is particularly interesting just because HRC built all of those Hondas and this may be the biggest race in history! I want to see one thing happen after the race though. I want to see Nicky walk up to Alberto Puig and deliver the all time round house Chuck Norris style back handed Ho slap to his country ass!

Wouldn’t you know it I now have a frigging dilemma to deal with Sunday!!! I come home from work last night. Get yelled at by the wife for dripping all over (Rain ride!) her freshly shampooed rug. I get out of my gear and tell her I have a few buddies coming over to watch the race of the decade on Sunday! Then she lowers the boom on me. “You do know it’s your Daughters birthday on Sunday don’t youâ€￾? OMG I totally spaced it! So now my wife wants me to blow off the race so we can take my soon to be 4 year old out for her Birthday! What to do, what to do??? I am recording the race regardless but man I would love to see it first hand! This is a test man I know it! No way would I blow off my youngster but man this is down right unfortunate!
I've been there. Just record it and aviod all forms of the internet and TV until after you watch it. I logged on to a site after a race once and before I was able to watch it and got the ending spoiled. That sucks.

I'm hoping this is going to be an awsome race. Personally I want Nicky to win. He has made a lot of progress over the last few years. I'm not saying he deserves to win, but I hope he does.

Added the vid of the crash for you boys.
lurk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayden first, Bayliss or Cappirossi second, Rossi third, and ... Nicky wins the championship! PS Honda STILL says there are no team orders.

Hayden_JPG.JPG

Back