ChainLube

I have a slightly different (old fashioned?) approach than you guys - I use SAE 90 gear oil.   I have a little jar of it in the garage and paint a thin layer on the chain with a 1/2 inch brush once a week.  

I seems to work very well, keeps the chain nicely lubed and is very inexpensive compared to fancy aerosols.    
poke.gif

The chain seems to like it as well, it has done 0ver 7000 miles and has a few more 000's left in it    
cool.gif

I use to be a Chain wax fan (Maxima) but i am now using Motul chain lube... I find it even less messy and better quality.

+1 on Maximum.
Let chain heat up and then apply. Very important to let it set up after application too.

motoline chainlube 622 from cyclegear,,,,,,,,,way way
beerchug.gif
better than the chain wax...keeps the chain looking new!!!!and that wax doesn't get everywhere!!!!!!!!

(loboboy @ Sep. 22 2006,22:20) I found a new one made by Bel-Ray. I use it on the bike and the ATV and as much time as I spend in the sand this stuff is hard to get rid of. It won't fling off and coats on really nice. Just make sure you get the chain hot and then lube it and let it sit over night and you are good to go.
+1 it turns the chain white. and then turns grey after about 350 miles. then you know it's time to relube.

Back