Chain Selection

06busaLE

Registered
Whats up guys! i am strip happy and looking to stretch out the busa +9 the only thing i need to know is chain preference and how many links the chain needs to be to get this length i have and idea that it may be a 160 but not sure,
Also i am looking at getthing the muzzy sidewinder this pipe should be alright for a light modded busa right?
super.gif

160 ek drz2 if you don't ride on the street and ek zvx2 if you still street ride and the muzzy is okay if you don't care about loosing a little bottom end power.lmk if I can help I'm a muzzy dealer.

(GoldenChild @ Dec. 09 2006,12:56) 160 ek drz2 if you don't ride on the street and ek zvx2 if you still street ride and the muzzy is okay if you don't care about loosing a little bottom end power.lmk if I can help I'm a muzzy dealer.
see i was told by a local performace shop that when i strech it out 9 inches that i would need a 180 link chain and he said that to get that i would have to buy 2
100 link chains

what would i have to do to make up for the loss in bottom end.
also what do you think would to recommend for air shifters
race.gif

you wont need that many links. i'd question yur local performance shop.

for a 530 chain, this is the rule of thumb.
stock chain about 112 links

2 inches over add 6 links
4 inches over add 12 links
6 inches over add 20 links
8 inches over add 26 links
9 inches over add 28 links
10 inches over add 32 links
12 inches over add 38 links

a 530 chain every 2 links will add 5/8's of an inch

you can do a search to confirm...

i took the tail off and zip tied it to the sub frame on the outside of it to fit in the flared out area on the right, if your looking from the rear to the front.

(GoldenChild @ Dec. 09 2006,12:56) 160 ek drz2 if you don't ride on the street and ek zvx2 if you still street ride and the muzzy is okay if you don't care about loosing a little bottom end power.lmk if I can help I'm a muzzy dealer.
i know some guys that are running this chain on the street with no problems, i am ordering one real soon, its not oringed, gc what kind of problems have you had with running it on the street

(goodluck @ Dec. 12 2006,19:36)
i know some guys that are running this chain on the street with no problems, i am ordering one real soon, its not oringed, gc what kind of problems have you had with running it on the street
No problems if 50/50 duty,unless you at least keep it lubed,i used both on street but it's just my recommendations,not the bike bible rules...

i had problems with my drz2. chain stretched after every ride. you have to keep it soaked in lube constantly....id say lube it every 50 miles.....kinda hard unless you carry lube with you everywhere you go

(06busaLE @ Dec. 13 2006,19:40) thanks guys i guess the locals were trying to rip me one but now what do yall suggest as air shifters?
bowdown.gif
I'm gathering parts for mine. So far I have only selected the brackets. I'm going CO2 but I'm not sure with who or what just yet.

Back