chain maintenance?

hemi

Registered
had a few questions about cleaning/lubing the chain. On my 750 i just traded in i always tried to clean the chain with kerosene like the owners manual recommends approximately every 600 miles. I would then lube it with an o ring safe chain lube, normally i use bel ray. The o-rings on my chain were frayed and hangin out at 12k miles, doesn't this seem a little soon for the o-rings to be snappin. Ended up goin to the same dealership where i bought the 750 to look at chains and sprockets, and came home with a new 08 busa heehee. Anyway, just askin to see if i'm doin everything correct with the chain maintenance so the one on my new busa will last longer

I wipe my chain down with a rag dampened with WD 40, then spray with Bel Ray super clean which is safe for 0 rings and does not fly off. Rim stays clean. Chain stays fairly clean. Done about every 3 to 4 hundred miles. Congrats on the new Busa.:beerchug: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The last owner probably was lazy on maintenance and lubed the chain every 2000 miles or something. AS long as you lube the chain every 300-600 miles it will last you. Just use any chain wax or lube and your fine.

Where are the pics of the new busa?

Kerosene is what the manual instructs to use for cleaning the chain, so no worries there. As long as you clean/re-lube at least every 600 miles you should be fine. :thumbsup:

D

I wipe my chain down with a rag dampened with WD 40, then spray with Bel Ray super clean which is safe for 0 rings and does not fly off. Rim stays clean. Chain stays fairly clean. Done about every 3 to 4 hundred miles. Congrats on the new Busa.:beerchug: :thumbsup:

I use WD 40 also for cleaning... works great. I use it on the rim also. :thumbsup:

Back