Chain lube

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, this doesn't have to be a killer long string but I've owned my Hayabusa for a month now (unregulated 2000 with 1300 miles) and I'm in motorcycle heaven! The wealthy gentleman I bought it from bought it new thinking it to be a good collectors edition (last 220 mph speedo, etc.). It's burgundy and gun metal grey. My question is (and I'm sure this has been talked about alot in the past) USING THE STOCK CHAIN AND CLEAR CHAIN LUBE, HOW MANY MILES CAN I RIDE BEFORE RELUBING IS NECESSARY? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Ever hear the statement "Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one?"

Welcome aboard but where are the pix

worthless.gif

Welcome and +1 on the pics! As far as lube, I would probably grease the chain every 200-300 miles in good weather and any time I rode through standing water or rain... again, +1 on the opinions!

OK, thanks guys, I'm good lubing at 300 miles, hard riding in the Sierras. BTW, I'm not a jerk but a Kaw ZX-10 came up next to me early Sunday morn, no traffic on the freeway and we both rolled it on to about 140 then backed off. My 250 lb body and stock everything stayed 3-4 bikes ahead the whole way! What a rush. OK, I realize one must offer photos for credibility around this place, I'll get right on it.

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 17 2006,23:10) Many people lube every time they ride
tounge.gif
Well, as I am told, I don't ride enough and when I do I ride too slow!
laugh.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 17 2006,21:22)
(BA BUSA @ Oct. 17 2006,23:10) Many people lube every time they ride
tounge.gif
Well, as I am told, I don't ride enough and when I do I ride too slow!  
laugh.gif
Road conditions and how long ya ride will determine how much you need to lube
smileyexhibit.gif

Every 500 miles and I get 17,000 to 20,000 miles out of a chain ! But, then I don't spin the rear wheel all the time either and treat the throttle gentle but with authority  
SHOCKED.gif

300 miles is what I hear from smart bike people, and make sure you lube it when it's warm, I do mine right when I get home after a day of riding, it helps the goo get into the rollers and orings better.

(ThaDoubleJ @ Mar. 04 2007,14:14) 300 miles is what I hear from smart bike people, and make sure you lube it when it's warm, I do mine right when I get home after a day of riding, it helps the goo get into the rollers and orings better.
+1 thats what i did with my bikes...

super.gif

Back