Chain Length ?

MR Felt

Registered
I went up two teeth in the rear and I'm cutting the new chain. If I leave it at the length I have it now it puts it almost as far back as the adjusters go. If I take out another link it puts the axle all the way forward. It seems like taking another link out will be ok. Chain stretch? It is that EK ZZZ chain, it's not going to stretch much since I commute the majority of the time. I decided to quit for the night. I usually make the wrong decisions when I am tired and pushing a long day. So what do you think?

Keep the chain stock length, you'll have plenty of slack for adjustment witht the +2.

with going up two in the rear, and also down one on front sprocket, can I stil use a stock length chain?

I went up two teeth in the rear and I'm cutting the new chain. If I leave it at the length I have it now it puts it almost as far back as the adjusters go. If I take out another link it puts the axle all the way forward. It seems like taking another link out will be ok. Chain stretch? It is that EK ZZZ chain, it's not going to stretch much since I commute the majority of the time. I decided to quit for the night. I usually make the wrong decisions when I am tired and pushing a long day. So what do you think?

How many pins are in the chain with the extra link and without?

Back