chain kepp loosing or tighten

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
was messing with my autoshifter and notice the chain, brand new chain not even 100 miles on it was too loose, i tighted the chain when out for a spin and was loose again i adjusted the chain again and came back too tight and this over and over. i never changed the sprokets. took the clutch aasy off to look at the front sproket and it look fine in there. I just notice when i turn the tire is just in one area that get real tight and the loose again but can't figure out why?

Last edited:
Sounds like one of the links is seized.
New or not it can happen.
Try and see if you can locate which one.
If it is so then take it back. Sounds like a factory defect, sideplate pressed on too tight, or something.

i just measured the chain with a caliper tool and is messed up is some area measure diff from some others. I think that is the problem

Sounds really weird.
They make super chains.
They would be interested in your problem for sure.
May have more bad ones out there.
Let them know about it and I am sure they will take care of you.

Did you install a new chain on old sprockets? Are you tightening your chain at the tightest point in the lower strand? Is your rear wheel aligned in the swing arm properly?

If you don't have your wheel aligned properly, or adjust the chain incorrectly, you will get chain surge, and that will absolutely cause a chain to stretch prematurely.

Back