Chain help

Ronnies busa

Registered
I need some help. I broke a chain last week while I was out of town. I went to a local speed shop and replaced the cahin and cover. What chain is everyone running and how long are you keep them on your bike.
When mine broke i had just a little less then 5000 on mine. Always lubed and adjusted. Any help would be great. Dont want to break the motor case.

Thanks Ronnie

I use a RK race set. I change the chain and sprockets every 12,ooo miles.

Must people on here are running either DID or EK chains with the most tensile strength. Tsubaki makes a sigma chain that also has great tensile strength. I always run mine till I see leakage from the o-rings or rust in the side plate area. All this means the internal parts are gone and the chain is done.

A lot of people like the EK ZZZ chain. Someone else will have to chime in about how many links (I can't remember). They have to be rivited perfectly to be reliable. That part, I wouldn't attempt myself. I'd let someone at a good shop that has a feel for it do the work.

I think 120 links is stock,The key to chain life is proper adjustment with the rider onboard,I ruined a EK ZZZ,too tight and broke the inner round links, TURBO!

I was thinking 112 for a stock chain too. Nitrous, what are you talking about "with the rider on board." I thought you checked with no one on board. How would you check the chain while you are seated? Not arguing, just asking.

I use a RK race set. I change the chain and sprockets every 12,ooo miles.
RK

++++++++++++...

...++++1

lol
1zhelp.gif

When I had mine in the shop they put a sigma on it. I do not know that one but i wanted to ride so i went ahead with it. I just dont want to do anymore damage. Thanks for everyones input.
I think this is something that every new busa owner needs to know to keep them from having to spend big bucks on replacing parts.

Again thanks everyone
Ronnie

I was thinking 112 for a stock chain too. Nitrous, what are you talking about "with the rider on board." I thought you checked with no one on board. How would you check the chain while you are seated? Not arguing, just asking.
I adjust mine with a friend sitting on it,if I dont,I get it too tight.

I am running a DID X-Ring 530zvm on my bike. 11,000 miles on it and only needed two adjustments so far and they were very small ones. I launch my busa hard putting PLENTY of torque on this chain and it just does not seem to stretch. I will most certainly be getting the exact same chain when this one wears out. It is tough as nails and I would highly recommend one.

i use a ek zzz (18-43) on the busa,with a couple of .027 jets

i have a tsubaki sigma on the 12,and it has been holding up surprisingly well,18-46 (stock gearing) and .038 jet

I am running a DID X-Ring 530zvm on my bike. 11,000 miles on it and only needed two adjustments so far and they were very small ones. I launch my busa hard putting PLENTY of torque on this chain and it just does not seem to stretch. I will most certainly be getting the exact same chain when this one wears out. It is tough as nails and I would highly recommend one.
Got over 4000 miles on my DlD and haven't adjusted it once. Great chain... I will NEVER switch.

i have an ek with a snap on master link...it makes it easier to take off and replace with my longer chain for the extended swing arm. some people on here dont trust the snap on masters but ive never (knock on wood) had mine to fail.

If you weren't running 100 mph on 1 wheel in Galveston this wouldn't have happened. Should have waited until we got there:D

Back