Chain cleaning study

won't simple green mess up your paint if its splashed around?

I always clean with diesel fuel---put it in a spray bottle and spray it on the chain. Almost the same as kerosene. Stinks like he!!--but that's the price for a nice clean chain!

"set up an exam area. Did consider weighing the O-rings, but sold my gram scale when completed college......Hehehe Good times! "
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Nicely done.  

It's a great start. More and other testing could be done.

Simple Green won't mess up your paint. Also good for cleaning chains but pricey. Kerosene works better anyway.

--Wag--

I haven't cleaned or waxed the chain in months.

But when I do, it will be with wd-40 and Silkolene chain wax
winkold.gif

First WD-40 then hit it with a hard bristeled brush, the WD-40 again to rinse off the loose stuff that the brush got, then whipe it down with a rag then chain grease.

It's a 12 step program like AA
thumb_up.gif

I just get my mother in law drunk, wave the chain in front of her, mention her daughter married below her station in life, and her caustic tongue will burn the crud off anything.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers
ken

smile.gif

smile.gif

I just get my mother in law drunk, wave the chain in front of her, mention her daughter married below her station in life, and her caustic tongue will burn the crud off anything.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers
ken
You crazy Canadians.......(LOL)

Thinking of running the Gaspe again soon.

If I get the Mother-in-law drunk will she clean my chain too ?

How's fuel costs per litre up North these days ?

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers
ken
You crazy Canadians.......(LOL)

Thinking of running the Gaspe again soon.

If I get the Mother-in-law drunk will she clean my chain too ?

How's fuel costs per litre up North these days ?
in Alberta here it is $1.32per/L so $5.28 gallon...
wtf.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back