chain break tool

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
RK Chain Cutter and Press Fit Rivet Tool - 2WheelPros.com linky

A lot of riders on here have been purchasing chains lately, but not much follow up on how you are putting them on or if you are getting a shop to do it for you.

I researched and researched chain brake/rivet tools for a couple months before ordering my chain and I can say I found quite a few pieces that seemed a little less than quality.

Anyway, I chose this one and it did me well. Turns out the site still has them on sale with $63 off. I was smart and ordered an extra master link from Honda East Justin when I ordered my chain and it came in handy as a practice piece (wasn't exactly what it was meant for). I missed putting a piece in the tool and the pin slid all the way out :laugh:

Once I input the correct piece it worked perfectly.

(I was picky about what happened with this install because the last chain I had put on another bike it flew off 10 minutes later, and it was a reputable shop that riveted it on)

chain break tool.jpg

i use a grinder to cut the old chain and a small press tool for the new link so its at the correct tension and then 2 hammers to peen the rivets which is 100% reliable as its well distorted.

most people bust them chain gadgets and dont get the rivets distorted properly so it fails !!

Back