Ceramic coat ?

I used performance Coating (headercoatings.com) they ceramicoated some shorty headers and no known temp issues or drop. 8 years later they still look good.

I also did it to a mustang intake manifold that got really high temperature so I sold it on Craigslist to an unsuspecting buyer.

I also did a Hayabusa sidewinder and had no issues with temps.

Hope that helps.

I used performance Coating (headercoatings.com) they ceramicoated some shorty headers and no known temp issues or drop. 8 years later they still look good.

I also did it to a mustang intake manifold that got really high temperature so I sold it on Craigslist to an unsuspecting buyer.

I also did a Hayabusa sidewinder and had no issues with temps.

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

I was told that the purpose of the ceramic coating is to keep the exhaust hot and moving at high speed. As the gases cool, they slow down. This only works with a straight through header, as the cat mucks everything up and backs the charge up anyway. So as you stated a ceramic header feeding a cat will make the cat run much hotter. Cats work better the hotter they get, meaning the cat will eat itself up much faster. So ceramic + cats is a no go.

All second hand hear-say knowledge though. No direct experience.

There is actually a book out called. Manifold cooking. The theory is truckers can beat up their roast beef sandwiches and things by using the exhaust manifold. Never tried it but I've heard stories. :). Just imagine the yummy aroma of ribs on the barbie as you pull into Starbucks.

There is actually a book out called. Manifold cooking. The theory is truckers can beat up their roast beef sandwiches and things by using the exhaust manifold. Never tried it but I've heard stories. :). Just imagine the yummy aroma of ribs on the barbie as you pull into Starbucks.

Yep, and it works.
Anything precooked in a can, left on the intake for a short trip, and it's hot and ready, lol!

Back