Ceramic bearings Wow (wrong bike)

iride

Registered
Where can I get a set for my 2008 Busa,,,
I got a friend that just installed them in his ZX14 and wow,, I rolled the bike across the floor of his garage and it was smooth,, I could really tell the difference in how smooth the bike rolled ????
The site he got them for is for ZX 14 only,,,, Sucks
Any places out there ??
Mike

I think Brock's carries them also. Most I the performance sector companies will carry them or are able to get them. You might also check with Tim at Pashnit as he might be able to get them.

"http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=HAYABUSA+CERMAIC+BEARINGS&btnK=Google+Search"

Got Google?

$400? Are they really that much better than standard bearings?

Take what you want from it. If video is fair and accurate than you can easily see the diff.
Worth $400 give or take? I have been fighting that for a while. I just wonder if under power you can actually feel the bike being 'freer' (if that's a word?) and rolling easier? Seems like once you put 150 ponies to the wheels you wouldn't notice a diff? Unless you are running consistent times in the quarter and then change to pick up a few thousandths I'm not convinced there any value to the mod?

Well, the video sure does show a difference in the bearings. Although, we do not know how worn down the steel ones were before placing the ceramic bearings on. If the ceramic bearings do last 3 times as long as the stock ones then it may be worth the investment.

Take what you want from it. If video is fair and accurate than you can easily see the diff.
Worth $400 give or take? I have been fighting that for a while. I just wonder if under power you can actually feel the bike being 'freer' (if that's a word?) and rolling easier? Seems like once you put 150 ponies to the wheels you wouldn't notice a diff? Unless you are running consistent times in the quarter and then change to pick up a few thousandths I'm not convinced there any value to the mod?

The video is from a member here. And I can promise you.... his word is golden.:thumbsup:
That was also a wheel change, not just bearings

Stock ones cost $30. Those cost $400, that's a no brainer. I will just keep using more effort while pushing my bike in my garage.

Ceramic bearings..... Are they worth 350-400 bucks? To the average rider, NO. You wont feel a difference. Who can actually ride a Hayabusa on the street to its full potential? To the land speed record setter, GP racer being timed down to the thousandth or the drag racer who runs consistent looking for the extra 10th YES!!
They are precision made parts and we all know precision isnt cheap.
Are the worth it as far feeling it in the seat of the pants for the dollar, NO!

I'm sure your can spend 400 bucks someplace
On your bike that would serve you better like brakes
Or a safety item

I may have to get them just for the extra ease of backing my baby up and maneuvering when its not running. I don’t care about the extra 1/10 it can save me as I don’t race it but it is hard for me to push that heavy beast around by foot after crushing my pelvis. Backing it up when the ground is not level or has sand is almost imposable for me to do and I have almost dropped her quite a few times. For me, this seems like and easy but not cheap, fix to this issue. I will look it theses more but only after all my other mods have been done like suspension set up and tune. I want them but it is on the bottom of my list.

Thanks guys,,
Now when the wife starts the , What do you want for christmas, I will have the part numbers ready....
The little things add up,,, I would go for some Carbon fiber wheels but with that amount of money would have to come out of my pocket,,,,,
Mike

opinion dont mean anything. show me back to back 1/4 mile times with and without ceramic bearing to see what real advantage they would be as far as times go. until then its impossible to say if they are an advantage and worth $400 or not.

I have heard that they are not sealed ,don't know for sure, but if that is the case they would not last long on the street... Just my $.02...

I would say for the money it should be one of the absolute LAST things you do to your bike.

Will you notice a difference, I would say slightly but for the price there are other things you should buy first. It also depends what you use your bike for.

I don't have back to back testing but the bike does roll easier and I did go 200mph+ and pulled 199whp with them so they must do something... :laugh:

I have heard that they are not sealed ,don't know for sure, but if that is the case they would not last long on the street... Just my $.02...

You can get either with or without seals, just let them know when ordering if it's street/race...

I would say for the money it should be one of the absolute LAST things you do to your bike.

Will you notice a difference, I would say slightly but for the price there are other things you should buy first. It also depends what you use your bike for.

I don't have back to back testing but the bike does roll easier and I did go 200mph+ and pulled 199whp with them so they must do something... :laugh:

You can get either with or without seals, just let them know when ordering if it's street/race...

Good advice in this post.

Minor difference. I could see it on the dyno. However it was in combination with the 4lb lighter rear wheel. No doubt it rolls better in the garage! ;)

If I buy... No , when I buy some carbon rims I will install them

Don't have direct access to a supplier that we can source Ceramic Bearings from.

However, I will take your $400 bucks and send you some other really cool useful stuff for your Busa. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Back