Cerakote

clintr79

Registered
IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3340.JPG

Has anyone heard of cerakote it's mainly used for firearms but people has been doing a bunch of other parts lately. I myself started doing the Baked on H series almost 2 years ago. Mainly do a lot of bike and car parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of my firearms are cerakoted and ceramic coated. Tough protection for sure. But I personally see no need of it on my bike.

So tell us about the coating, I'm not aware of it.
Baked on ceramic coating that is very thin to not interfere with reassembly. High level of abrasion resistance and chemical resistance

Many of my firearms are cerakoted and ceramic coated. Tough protection for sure. But I personally see no need of it on my bike.
Cerakote is a ceramic coating
What's the difference of coating a gun or anything else. If you go on Cerakoted website people do all kinds of projects with it even as simple as sun glasses

Those parts are beautiful and will probably remain so for a lifetime. Great work.

Has anyone heard of cerakote it's mainly used for firearms but people has been doing a bunch of other parts lately.

I learned about Cerakote from looking at barbells. The available number of materials and coatings for barbells runs the gamut, and the varieties all have advantages and trade-offs such as durability, feel, cost, and maintenance. I was astounded at the material choices for a "simple" barbell, it is almost bizarre until I educated myself. The Cerakote bars seem to be second only to extremely expensive stainless steel bars in terms of corrosion prevention. If one likes the feel it offers and the fact that it can be had in several colors, then this could be a good low-maintenance material for a garage workout room or any place where abrasion, sweat and high humidity can threaten most other coatings like zinc, oxides and chrome.

Back