Centerstand for '09 Busa

chuckfina

Registered
So I don't need to remap, add pipes, lower bike, etc. It's fast enough for me as it is. However, since I use my bike as a sport tourer (I put 40k miles on my '04 Busa), I do want to add a centerstand. Dealership said the same part number showed for '08 centerstand as for previous generation Busa centerstands. We ordered it but it did not fit. Suzuki is saying that it does not have one yet. Anyone have suggestions as far as aftermarket centerstands? Thanks!

They removed the bracket from the bike! And Suzuki doesn't offer it for the second gen bikes!

They removed the bracket from the bike! And Suzuki doesn't offer it for the second gen bikes!

I wonder if there is a way to weld a bracket on the bike or rig it somehow so that it's safe. I've always had a centerstand on my bikes.., zx11, zzr1200, prev. busa. If I'm unable to get one on this bike, any suggestions as to an easy way to park the bike with the rear tire off the ground so I can clean the chain?

I wonder if there is a way to weld a bracket on the bike or rig it somehow so that it's safe. I've always had a centerstand on my bikes.., zx11, zzr1200, prev. busa. If I'm unable to get one on this bike, any suggestions as to an easy way to park the bike with the rear tire off the ground so I can clean the chain?

How about a rear stand?

I'm with you Chuck--I had a center stand on my '06. It's a pain to lube the chain when you're on a trip by yourself. All I've been able to do is find an empty parking lot, and lube a little--move the bike a little--lube a little--well you get the pic. SOOOOOOO, any ideas that others come up with would be appreciated. I have a stand for home--but pretty hard to carry on a trip!!:lol:

Alternatively, there are automatic chain oilers to be had, which eliminates the need for a centerstand on those 3000-mile weekend tours.... :beerchug:

Back