Center stand or pit bull type

bigeasy

Registered
need to decide if the convience of a center stand outweighs to extra weight and loss of some body work or should i start looking for a used secondary stand?

I installed my centre stand myself and i LOVE it! I use it EVERY time I clean the bike or lube the chain or check the tire pressures.The convenience factor  overrides the weight factor,by FAR!
I wudn't  even consider removing mine.Thats been my findings!
beerchug.gif

I don't know how high the center stand tucks up underneith on the busa but on my Katana 1100 it would scrape pavement in the corners so I had to take it off. Might want to check into that before you spend your $$$

I don't know how high the center stand tucks up underneith on the busa but on my Katana 1100 it would scrape pavement in the corners so I had to take it off. Might want to check into that before you spend your $$$
Mines never hit the deck, and if you look at the first pic there's not a lot of chicken strips on the rear.

cheers
ken

I love my center stand. Wouldn't have it any other way.

If your bike is lowered or your rear suspension is too squishy you may scrape it going around left turns. My suspension is raised 1" so it was never a problem, even on the track when I was draggin' knee last year in Tooele.

The convenience of it is unbeatable, however. Mine was about $250 installed at the dealer. You'll have to take your belly wing off, however. I think it might be possible to fabricate a bracket and keep the belly wing, however, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Go for it!

--Wag--

Edit: Killing typo fairies.

Yo dude... I don't mean to throw in any confusion... but I don't have a center stand, and I ordered a "pit bull" and this thing is awesome as well. Very easy to "pop" the bike up and down for servicing. I do it by myself all the time with no probs whatsoever. The pitbull did cost around $130, so it is more expensive than installing the center stand.

Just my .02

peace.gif

Busa_org_wheel_stripes.jpg

Yo dude... I don't mean to throw in any confusion... but I don't have a center stand, and I ordered a "pit bull" and this thing is awesome as well.  Very easy to "pop" the bike up and down for servicing.  I do it by myself all the time with no probs whatsoever.  The pitbull did cost around $130, so it is more expensive than installing the center stand.

Just my .02

peace.gif
I have a rear stand ,very similar to the pitbull.I used it to install my centre stand. Have NOT used the rear stand since,not even once!

Yo dude... I don't mean to throw in any confusion... but I don't have a center stand, and I ordered a "pit bull" and this thing is awesome as well.  Very easy to "pop" the bike up and down for servicing.  I do it by myself all the time with no probs whatsoever.  The pitbull did cost around $130, so it is more expensive than installing the center stand.

Just my .02

peace.gif
Didn't Suzuki remove the mounting point for a centerstand on the '08s? Me thinks you have no option but to use a rear stand.

cheers
ken

Back