Center stand installl

1. You have to remove the undertail fairing and it can't be reinstalled with the stand on the bike.  It covers the mounting lugs.
2.  You have to remove the left side muffler and pipe at the connection point below the left foot peg.  This is to install the bolt that holds the stand to the bike.
3.  There are also two stout springs the have to be installed on the right side of the stand.  
 Mine was installed be the shop that I bought the bike from.  While I was waiting for it I kept hearing the mechanic complaining about the springs and how much of a pain they were.  If you have help you might be able to attach the springs to bike and stand then install the bolt after.  This may or may not work, not sure.  
 As for as the stand it's self.  I like it a lot.  It works great and is very stable.  Some guys that ride hard and take knee dragin corners say there are clearance problems.
 Once I figured out that the cut out on the rear fairing was a handle it made getting the bike on the stand easier.
4. Make sure you put the muffler back on.

Thanks....I think I can get a friend to help me with the spring issue. Doesn't sound as bad as a shop told me it was. They were going to charge me 4 hrs. shop time! Good tip on the hand-hold problem also. I was wandering where to grab.

Thanks again.
ernaehrung004.gif

I picked mine up today at the dealer. Suzuki's centerpart stand #
42100-24820 installation instructions indicated that
the exhaust system ,horn, lower cowling's are to be removed,
along with radiator mtg. bolts. (For an early'r model?)
Mines an 1/01 and does have the slip joint at the side stand.
I'm going to try mine as you indicated and will let ya know.
Also-the "bank sensor bolts are 1 3/4 inch long & instructions
indicate 1.5 hr. install time.  Has your dealer ever installed one?

Roadrunner... I'll have to do some more dealer inquires..It's Sunday and none are open. Maybe somebody who has done the install themselves can confirm the "exhaust system" removal part also. I hope that's not the entire exhaust system! I'll keep checking back..thanks
smile.gif

ononono.gif
   Jaxlrs - After my ride Sunday morning I pulled the right side cowling to access the oil filter for an oil change,and see the exhaust system.

I went ahead and removed the left muffler & collector pipe and rear exhaust hanger bolt & found that without removing the exhaust ,the centerstands "stopper bolt " cannot be installed.  Towards the left side ,the fan shroud is only about
3/8 away from the exhaust bolt to the head. Thats apparently why the instructions indicate the removal.

A very bitter dissapointment. I went ahead and buttoned it back up as I didnt have time then,but will later. I'm guessing
about 2 - 2 1/2 hour install time .

Fitted mine myself,found that it was easier to take the right hand side(as your sat on the bike)silencer off,release both radiators and drop them forward(carefully)loosen the exhaust manifolds so the pipework has some movement to uncover the holes for the mainstand mounting bolt.
With the springs I put them on at the stand end and then used a flat blade screwdriver to lever the other end over the lug on the bike.
Hope this helps!!!!

I have installed three center stands. Did not remove cowling radiators/exhaust at the heads, just the mufflers.
You guys are working too hard. It is not very difficult. Took about an hour. It helps to have someone for an extra hand.

going to install another one next week or so when we pick up the new 06. They are handy and the lean angle does not suffer too much.
The kit comes with longer peg draggers and the only time it was an issue was on the race track. Ground them down just a tad. Did not drag the stand.

(ohphayabusa @ Nov. 04 2006,09:07) I have installed three center stands. Did not remove cowling radiators/exhaust at the heads, just the mufflers.
You guys are working too hard. It is not very difficult. Took about an hour. It helps to have someone for an extra hand.

going to install another one next week or so when we pick up the new 06. They are handy and the lean angle does not suffer too much.
The kit comes with longer peg draggers and the only time it was an issue was on the race track. Ground them down just a tad. Did not drag the stand.
This thread is more than FOUR YEARS old...only one of the posting members is still active on this board
wink.gif

Dont loose your cool pointz by putting that ugly car jack thingy on the Busa J/k. Heres a cool solution to getting the old girl azz end up and face down.  
tounge.gif

Quick Stand..........

Back