Census 2010 threats?

The census is VERY important , its so YOUR area will get the proper amount of spending for schools, police, fire, ect... . I know they are pushy and they spend WAY to much doing it but it is the government after all . Alot of people in this country think that they don't have to do anything like this or jury duty . We as Americans DO have an obligation to these jobs as citizens.:rulez: my 2 cents

+2:beerchug:

Quoted for Truth

while i agree in principle......

this ignores the reality that not all of us speak english, and some schools, police dept. county,state and federal services may need more money to hire bi-lingual employees and/or interpretors to properly serve and protect the civil rights of all americans.

or maybe i am full of crap.....

either way, i do not think the gov. would use the census to gain info to use against you or me....these are the people that listen to all our call, and filter all our internet traffic already.

the NSA,CIA,FBI and Homeland Security already know who we are, and can get any info they want on us(legally or illegally) so all the paranoia about the census is kind of ridiculous to me...

I got a letter saying I'de be recieving it in a few days, then it came, then a form 2 days later saying it had to be filled out by law, then a forth the next week saying they hadn't recieved it yet. That's time, paper, envelopes and 3 extra stamps...that really add up by the millions, alot of wasted money, alot! Another sigh of the absolute idiots mismanaging this country!

I didn't see anything in the Census form that bothered me and wasn't readily available to the Government elsewhere if they really wanted it..

Exactly.....the Gov't can always find out whatever they want to know....

while i agree in principle......

this ignores the reality that not all of us speak english, and some schools, police dept. county,state and federal services may need more money to hire bi-lingual employees and/or interpretors to properly serve and protect the civil rights of all americans.

or maybe i am full of crap.....

either way, i do not think the gov. would use the census to gain info to use against you or me....these are the people that listen to all our call, and filter all our internet traffic already.

the NSA,CIA,FBI and Homeland Security already know who we are, and can get any info they want on us(legally or illegally) so all the paranoia about the census is kind of ridiculous to me...

Those areas that need more services...typically are also the heaviest populated...if they return their census forms with accurate info.

no but i think i scared the census fella

i was out for a jeep ride with my son and a friend along the Aminita stock trail. we had pulled over to shoot my pistol along a cow pond. we were taking turns trying to make smiley faces in the ice with it, when this Subaru outback pulls off the road and heads twards us. this skinny bald little kid get out and asks us "is this you land?" i reply "yup. it sure is, its my land and his land, and maybe your land too." (we were on federal land.:laugh:) i left him hangin til he finally asked what i meant. think i made him nervous, he kept starin at my guns laid out on the hood of the jeep. anyway in the end we shared a giggle as he proceeded to put door hangers on every abandoned building for the next 75mi.

What's sad is the people that send in incomplete or erroneous information will probably be the first to complain about their little world being under-represented(not sure if that's a word), or their political districts, or school boundaries being redrawn based on census count. It's kinda sad when people's paranoia gets in the way of common sense. The secret agency folks already know who you are and what you got.....

Big Brother is already watching you!!! :duh:

Back