Cell Phone Mount?

all4sho

Registered
I'm looking for a mount for my Iphone. I've done some research on old threads and noticed most people use the RAM mount. Here's my problem, I have a yoke spike cover on my bike, and that seems to be the most logical place to put the mount. I don't want to go the velcro route. Has anyone gone a different route? If you have the RAM yoke mount, is it easy to install and remove?

You can get mounts that attach to the fuel lid mounting bracket.....or...

These pics show I believe, gixhp's idea.

Maybe one of those 2 ideas might help.

RSD.

RAM6.jpg

RAM7.jpg

RAM8.jpg

I'm digging the gas tank mount. Thanks for the ideas guys, I didn't know about the tank mount. I'll have to switch out my tank lid, I have the flat billet lid from BallZ.

My Velcro has been speed tested over four years and never failed me.
$1.99 from Home Depot.

I had it on my old Busa, but I have a Roaring Toys lowering triple tree that I don't necessarily want to put stuff on on this one, that's why I was looking for different options. Good looking out though!

I use this to mount my GPS and radar detector (added a plate as a base). More ideas here:

ramb309-6_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn man, I just ordered the RAM suction cup style. I could have saved $17 if you jumped in this convo just a few hours earlier :laugh:

You won't be disappointed with the RAM mount though. You could pick your whole bike up by the suction mount.. :rofl:

You won't be disappointed with the RAM mount though. You could pick your whole bike up by the suction mount.. :rofl:

Ordered it yesterday morning through Amazon and received it at 9:30 this morning right before my daughter and I left for the beach. Perfect first use for the truck windshield. Worked great on our little trip. Held my Iphone 4S with Otterbox Defender case perfectly, can't wait to get back and try it on the bike. :thumbsup:

My Velcro has been speed tested over four years and never failed me.
$1.99 from Home Depot.

Lol.. as i slowed down at some lights in France last month... my mates tom tom came sliding past into incoming traffic...... the glue had melted and it just fell off his busa!! He used the same technique as you!

Be warned LOL

Jza

I listen to my headphones 99% of the time when i ride and got tired of my phone ringing in my pocket while riding and not knowing if it was a telemarketer or an urgent call from my work or wife. Cell phone mounts are expensive, so I improvised using what i already had laying around. My phone is protected in an otterbox and they come with a belt clip like many other cell phone holders. I removed the swivel belt clip from the plastic case, inserted a bolt with a washer, lock washer, and nut holding it through the hole in the middle. I then inserted a rubber tube that I had left over from another project into the stem in front of the triple tree, screwed the bolt into this. Cost me nothing really and works very well, adjustable height and orientation by turning bolt!

cell mount 1.jpg

cell mount 2.jpg

cell mount 3.jpg

Back