Cbr1800rr

Afternoon Kook...

I wonder how that thing sounds or rides or feels or well.....I wonder....:)

I know, you just look at it and you have all these questions. I mean, it's no super bike but I bet it'll tear around pretty well.

Oh yeah that's a lot of money and time spent on customizing. I want to know how it handles a turn ???

I bet Yellow Wolf would love to get his hands on that puppy at the dragon!

They're probably running a stock Goldwing swing arm because it's driveshaft driven. Just looks odd without all the bulk.

Also, true story about the gearing, good point... I'd like to see where the gearing stands to see how it needs reworked.

looks like a heavy turd. its amazing how much money people waist just because they can..that things prolly 40 grand worth of trailer queen. i hate to be a downer but its true.

From the rear view, it looks like it would have similar corner clearance compared to a boxer-powered BMW. I would give it a go...

ETA: they may have needed to keep the longer swingarm for stability too, as the mounting of the engine does not lend gyroscopic stability in the same manner as a transverse engine (see the direction of the crank on an I4 vs a Flat 6), and that is a lot of weight down low...

They're probably running a stock Goldwing swing arm because it's driveshaft driven. Just looks odd without all the bulk.

Also, true story about the gearing, good point... I'd like to see where the gearing stands to see how it needs reworked.

In my experience with shaft driven bikes with lots of torque the rear suspension lifts when gassing hard losing a bit of traction vs a chain set up squatting. With the lighter build as it is now, it makes me wonder how much easier the rear would brake loose around a curve.

In all honesty, probably not in the least what they were attempting to accomplish with this build so I think it looks pretty Bad A$$ for what it is!

Back