CBR 600 or GSXR 600?

riddler

Registered
I am planning on getting a 600 this spring and would like to know people's opinion on whether I should get a 2004 Honda CBR 600RR or a 2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 and why? Thanks!

Honda 600RR , Sport rider mag will tell you better than I can . Good luck on whichever bike you decide on .

My first street bike was a 98 CBR 600 and I loved it. I had it for about two years and traded it in with over 32000 miles on it. Not one complaint what so ever. It was a great bike.

why not go for the gusto and get the new kawi rr with the slipper clutch its  got some kick to it ya know!do some research on this machine it will really suprise you !ps if its your 1st bike skip it cause id hateto see one crashed!

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071620197 -->

Riddler,

It depends on a lot of things?

Have you ridden a bike before? If not, do you have a good teacher that can show you?

Have you checked the insurance on both?

Is this going to be a starter bike?

What is the primary mission of the bike? (Drag race, Road race, street riding, etc. WHAT?)

To be honest, I wouldn't buy either but that is just me.

Josh
cool.gif

P.S. Keep the rubber side down!

Riddler,

Have you ridden a bike before?  If not, do you have a good teacher that can show you?  

What is the primary mission of the bike?  (Drag race, Road race, street riding, etc. WHAT?)

Josh
cool.gif

P.S.  Keep the rubber side down!
i couldnt agree more
a friend bought a new 600 rr kaw and went down his first week

Riddler,

Have you ridden a bike before?  If not, do you have a good teacher that can show you?  

What is the primary mission of the bike?  (Drag race, Road race, street riding, etc. WHAT?)

Josh
cool.gif

P.S.  Keep the rubber side down!
i couldnt agree more

a friend bought a new 600 rr kaw and went down his first week
HE THOUGHT HE COULD LEARN TO RIDE ON A NEW BIKE
try agian
buy a $2500 sv 650 and wreck that a few times and see if the sport is for u
then pick a new bike in a year or two off of what u know and read out of mags not what other people say
i know it sounds long but a sv will be more then enough fun

if u already are a hell of a rider
go with the 600rr kaw or honda
i ride with a dude that has the 6oorr Honda
and he always complains on long rides about the seat
it sucks other then that he loves it
its a good track bike and so is the gixxer
i do like the 600 rr honda personaly cause the pipes and looks all around
but keep in mind the 600rr kaw is got the BEST BRAKES period!
and highly praised by the mags

good luck
bro
g

I'm a Big fan of the SV650 plan. Fun bike to ride rugged enough that when you tip over you can usually keep right on going and easy to insure and buy. BUT, if you need a fully faired modern Sport 600...I would do the CBR600F4I or the 600RR. Why an F4I? Because it is a whole lot more comfortable in the real world, and will probably make a better street bike. Just be forwarned that all the modern 600's are only a couple of ticks behind the Busa in terms of performance and ability to bite you in the ass and leave you crying like a little girl.

Riddler,

You still with us buddy? You didn't buy one of these and go down already did you?

Come on man we need some answers!

Josh
blues.gif

doo, its a no brainer? if your going for an 04 you want the gsxr, why?

because hunda 600rr has a crappy looking non performance enhancing undertail exhaust, crappy geometry and its a honda.

the gsxr 600 on the other hand has a radial mounted brake lever+calipers, 20 lbs lighter, stiffer chassis, stronger engine and better geometry, plus its a suzuki....

but dont listen to the spin, get out and test ride them, you will see I am 100% correct on this one :-) a honda is a honda, and a suzuki is a suzuki, no way around it :-(....

one more thing, isnt it strange that while yammi, kaw, and hunda are still trying to figure out how to get there machines up to speed, suzuki already has its stopping technology improved?

I think its gonna be a tight race between the mille 1k facory R and the gsxr 750 for "bike of the year" the rest are just plain ol wanna bees...
laugh.gif

I've riden 600's before with little problem before, so I don't think inexperience will be a problem.
If you have ridden 600's without a problem then I would be looking at a bigger bike. Unless you are going to be doing a lot of track days a 600 just isn't worth the money IMO! Not only that but in two months you will wish you bought a bigger bike anyway.
cussing.gif

For the street, the 600's just don't have enough torque if you ask me. Your foot will be tired of all that shifting. Don't get me wrong, they are fun but just not for me.

Also, if you plan to ride it on a daily basis the riding position on the little 6's aren't very comfortable. Have you ridden the 600RR, that seat is like cement!

The GSXR-6 is nice and handles good but it's still a 600.
baaa.gif

I would be looking at a GSXR-1k or R1 if you do a lot of twisties and a Busa if you want to do everything!
super.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Back