CBR 1000F Hurricane-1990

not owned one but mates did they were darn good back then , cant remember any significant problems. 16inch front ?

The cbr 1000f Hurricanes were built in 87 and 88. I had each year. Bought them both new out of the crate. Fastest bike 87'..161 mph. They dropped the hurricane name I believe after 88' and were just called cbr 1000f. Had the 600's also..GREAT BIKE! Fit and finish were Gorgeous. I had the Blue One's.

The cbr 1000f Hurricanes were built in 87 and 88. I had each year. Bought them both new out of the crate. Fastest bike 87'..161 mph. They dropped the hurricane name I believe after 88' and were just called cbr 1000f. Had the 600's also..GREAT BIKE! Fit and finish were Gorgeous. I had the Blue One's.

A former soldier acquaintance of mine had one he bought new, wrecked it...bought a 1000 Ninja, wrecked it........there was a common theme with him....last time I saw him in '01 he was on a new Hayabusa...I wonder if he wrecked it too???

Everytime I think of a 1000 Hurricane, I picture his sitting wrecked in the parking lot by the barracks.

I ranacross a guy at a motorcycle shop in Nola. He asked what sorta bikes I had and when I told him I had a bus a he brought up a hurricane. He said that it was the fastest bike ever made and that it marked 220 and actually went that fast. :banghead:

Buddy of mine bought that exact same bike years ago had to ride it home for him. They are still a smooth bike and plenty of fun to keep around. go ahead and get it you know you want it.

I think @JINKSTER bought one not long ago.
I always liked em, typical Honda sport bike: fast, smooth and well put together. Won't feel fast in comparison to your others, but for 2k? Get it. If you're anything like me, you've spent more than that on dumber stuff....

I had this one for a while and loved the look of the thing!

IMG_0024.JPG

Back