Caught in a thunder storm last night

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
Coming home from a long day's ride, I was caught in a terrible thunderstorm. I made it home fine but my baby and I was soked. Once in my garage, I dried her off good.

Do I need to do anything else. Oil something? Check something out? This was the first time I have be caught in rain that heavy, ever. Traction was terrible...
Thanks

I got caught in the same storm. I was in Centerville. I don't think there is anything you need to check. She's just fine!

Hey, bass how are you? and your baby?
I know, it just wears you out , doesn't it? just watch out around the chromed parts...I ran into the rain couple of times myself...(I have a couple of rusted spot, near the mid pipe and spring hooks...
sad.gif
)

Contrary to popular belief, motorcycles are not allergic to water. I'd just clean and lube the chain and be done with it... maybe get the bucket and sponge out and giver a good wash with some soap too!
wink.gif

Got caught in a storm last night myself... it was all kinds of fun.
Normal procedure for me is to wipe her down with some baby blankets and then apply some wax, then clean and re-lube the chain.

I got caught in the same storm. I was in Centerville. I don't think there is anything you need to check. She's just fine!
Centerville, I was on the other side of Lorton 123 South and seen this heavenly fireworks show I must have seen at least 10 strikes!!! Talk about scary!!! I'll wax her today!!!!

Hey, bass how are you? and your baby?
I know, it just wears you out , doesn't it? just watch out around the chromed parts...I ran into the rain couple of times myself...(I have a couple of rusted spot, near the mid pipe and spring hooks...
sad.gif
)
What's up Bro.... Doing good!!! I got to get up to Maryland to check you out!!!! Are you doing the Civil War ride?
rock.gif

I will certainly be checking around the pipes and hooks, thanks bro.

My Busa's been in MANY storms; never had issues with anything afterward...just take some time to clean her off when you get a chance 'cause the road grime is kind of yucky (that's a technical term...yucky)
laugh.gif

I've been caught in several rain storms and a couple of hail storms since I bought mine in March. Haven't had any trouble just wash and wax and clean/relube the chain like any other week
biggrin.gif

The rain sux but ease up on your throttle and add X3 to your stopping distance and your good. I have found that my brakes don't like to ride in the rain....they must mail themselves home at the first drop. I always find them again after it dries up though. At least they have the correct address I guess.

I've heard of a dunk it kit for pistols. Maybe a really big kit?

Just kidding, it's not sugar..it won't melt.

Back