Catalyst Street Tail fitted

chunk1340

Registered
Thanks to Catalyst for the new bodywork, it is now painted and fitted. I just need a new Suzuki decal as I notice from the pictures that the one on the tail is not straight.

My painter said that the bodywork was well prepared and didnt require much work prior to paint.

photo205.jpg

photo207.jpg

photo201.jpg

photo202.jpg

photo204.jpg

What size tail is this? Looks good. Also, why did you get the extended tail? Plan on racing/stretching?

If you can, post more pics further away please! :thumbsup:

This is the +4 tail to go with a 6" over stretch. I will do a before and after pics when I get the bike out. Without the tail unit I was hitting the bodywork against the tyre when I race.

chunk, did you try to adjust your spring pre-load and all of that before you got the extended tail? i'm at 7 stretch with stock body work and mine doesn't rub. i'm not sure how much you weight but i'm at 200 with some more adjustment left on my spring pre-load

2010-04-25%2014_25_40.jpg

2010-04-25%2014_26_01.jpg

bigbadboy. Yes I played about with the spring preloaded. I had it stiffened and it just wanted to raise the front wheel. I have a new JRi shock to try now too. I need to get my launching consistent. I will get there.

I weigh about 240 with leathers etc. I extended the tail as I really liked the look of sean06's bike.

PS. Your bike looks good with the dark lenses.

can you take some pics of the underside? Did you go with a tiger tail? How hard was it to mount the turn signals?

Have to love that new shinko. What do you run nice bike..
QUOTE=bigbadboy;2411920]chunk, did you try to adjust your spring pre-load and all of that before you got the extended tail? i'm at 7 stretch with stock body work and mine doesn't rub. i'm not sure how much you weight but i'm at 200 with some more adjustment left on my spring pre-load[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
That's a Michelin power one. Personal best is 9.44. I run regular 9.5's.

The blinkers are functional, I just had to re-route the stock cable. The underside is still a little messy as I don't have the tiger tail yet. I've just cut the undertray back.

How did you mount the turnsignals? That was the main reason that I was wanting the pics. I bought Sean06s tail and still havent put it on yet as I havent had time, I was just trying to get a headstart on that part of it.

How did you mount the turnsignals? That was the main reason that I was wanting the pics. I bought Sean06s tail and still havent put it on yet as I havent had time, I was just trying to get a headstart on that part of it.

Carefully is the answer. I had help. A template was made for the signal and then cut too small. The hole was made bigger gradually until we had a snug fit for each side. Two pieces of plastic were bonded onto the inside of the seat unit similar to those on the stock tail. Then drilled a hole and fitted a spire nut to screw into. This was done prior to paint so you will have to be more careful. I will take the sigal out tonight and take more pics for you.

Thanks!!! Could you also take a picture of the taillight mount if you don't mind.

Here is the signal installation. I ordered my tail unit with the light bracket installed. I hope the pics help.

Sorry about the quality but the lighting is crap in my garage. Must get round to changing them.

photo300.jpg

photo301.jpg

photo302.jpg

photo303.jpg

Thanks for the pics, they help a lot!!!! I had meant to also ask if you had to extend the wiring for the tail light and I can't really tell from the pics.

Back