Catalina Hwy

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
My wife and I took a trip up to Mount Lemon today in the pickup. I had the camera so I thought I'd get a couple of pics of the road. 23 miles of nothing but twisties. I haven't been on it yet on the Busa but I'll be back down there soon. Scenery is incredable and the road is nothing but great sweepers. Any how, heres a couple of pics of the Catalina Hwy, the road to Mount Lemon near Tucson, and I couldn't resist putting in a pic of the sunset we saw this evening.

Mount_Lemon_009.jpg

Sorry guys, pic 3 got in there by accident. I think CAT 3 put up a video of this road a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how fast we'll be able to go on this road because I don't know the police situation in that area. But... it will be a fun ride anyway.

Copper, Lemmon is a beatiful ride. Word on the street is the sherriffs will leave bikers alone for the most part from 6-9am, after that your considered fair game. We went up around noon, and there was LEO's there, but not an issue. Average was around 70 or so. If you go all the way up, there is the ski hill (forget the name) but theres a restaurant there....lot of money for little food, but they do serve beer (big issue with some people). Theres a nice pizza place near the end where the road is being tore up also.
Let me know your going to ride it and we'll make it up with ya. We was thinking of hitting it Sunday morning, bright and early.

BTW, I took some pics of the same pull-outs, and standing rock formations.

Hey Charlie, Sunday sounds good. How early would you like to meet somewhere in the area. I coming from Mesa and the way the weather is going, I'm going to have to get my heated liner rigged to fit the Busa. Definately interested in riding the hill. Even if the LEO are playing it will be a great ride. Let me know if your going.

Will pm my number ina few. Will get the guys on line tomorrow and call/pm you with the timeline. Some of them are terrible on tardiness. There is a gas station about 1mile off Catalina on Houghton Rd we stop at for fill up and red bull. But, we'll see.

We were going to run this road last Sunday when we were in town but we decided to go to cigar church instead!
biggrin.gif

Next time, next time!

--Wag--

Back