Cat removal

L4zarus

Registered
Hey guys, now that I have my parts coming in I was wondering how easy is it to remove the cat from a busa? On my 09 750 it was welded on so I just sawed it off and used 07 headers with my M4 shorty. Will it be as easy with a busa if I use the same mid pipe that is on there and just remove the cat? I got two bro's m-2 black series cans coming on thursday.

The cat is in the header on gen1 and connected to the mid pipe on gen2 so really if your gonna try to de-resrtict it you should just go with a full system

Good info here

Gen1 has no converter, gen2 is on the end of the header. I have personally gutted the converter on my gen2. I did it to get rid of heat build up that was cooking my feet, not performance. I cut the top off with a torch, pryed and blew the guts out, and my friend welded the top back on(my welding sucks:laugh:)
There is a noticeable lag in bottom end as it feels as if the exhaust has to pressurize the big empty chamber the converter guts were in. We didn't want to go to the trouble of welding new pipes in place to make the header more efficiant either. As I'm buying a full system and was just tired of my feet cooking.
Unless your feet are hot or you want to go to the trouble of making 2 pipes to replace the empty converter chamber, I'de just buy a full system.:beerchug:

Back