Cassody, KS crowd too loud for locals...

Jay Willie

Donating Member
Registered
Just heard this on the news. Haven't conducted a news search but it seems like the towns people are getting a little tired of the biker crowd ingathering.

Here's a quick link to the web site:

http://cassodaybikerun.com/history_and_location

Last month some of the .oRg members (Omslaw, etc.) talked about doing a ride to this event. I was thinking, "Heck, this would be a great time to meet up with some of the Kansas brothers and put faces to names." Thinking I could spot these guys mosin' through the crowd turned into the proverbial needle in a haystack! This little town of a few hundred turns into an event with hundreds if not thousands of scooters attending. All types of all shapes and sizes (incuding bikes :laugh:) converge on this tiny little patch of Kansas just off interstate 35 between Wichita and Emporia, KS. Hit the homepage and google to read up on some of the things that take place during this booming little (yea, right) behive of activity.

Anyway, people must be getting tired of the traffic and temporary tourists as some of the residence are trying to circulate a petition to end this monthly monstrosity of motorcycle mania. I know I enjoyed myself when I was there, never did find any of the .oRg family, and got to see tons and tons (literally) of all types of motorcycles.

Just a little FYI...

Have a Good 'un! :beerchug:

(Not sure about the linky but it's cassodybikerrun.com...)

Last edited:
It shows up in my post edit. Anyway, I typed it in at the bottom of the opening post so we'll have to fat finger it I guess...

Maybe the thread gods can fix this and thanks ahead of time...:thumbsup::beerchug:

why cant people just let others have a good time without trying to push their weight on them?

There's definitely a couple people there. :laugh:

I wanted to take the kids out there on July 4th, but it rained ALL day...

It doesn't really look as if the town has much else going for them and according to the web site the dollars from this event go to support the community. ???

Not sure why someone's taking issue but there's always two sides (at least!) to every story.

The events where all very low key and well patroled. Everyone seemed to be having a great time with many different types of great food being served up by vendors and locals alike. Cassidy Bike Run is often referred to as the Little Sturgis of central Kansas without the booze or boobies (at least uncovered :whistle:), very diverse gathering with everyone respecting and complimenting everyone else's expression of creativity.

Would like to make it a few more times as I would hate to see it go away...

Be quite a trip, BD! I'm a little less than three hours away and it was quite a ride by myself. Be interesting if this ever went into a weekend or week long event. Norhtwest Arkansas has been building up there Bikes, Blues and BBQ weekend for quite sometime. This has become the most family friendly bike gathering in the mid-west and features any and everything for all peoples. Day events and competitions, rides, vendors, vendors, vendors, and then there's the night life on Dickinson Street in old downtown Fayetteville...oh yea!!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Exactly - there isn't much going on in Cassoday...you blink and you miss it. When the weather is nice, there are THOUSANDS of bikes out there.

It takes me about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to get there...then it's fun to look at all the bikes and grab some food. Check out what the vendors have...watch the dyno pulls...then head out.

It's a good time!

The dyno pulls where cool! It was so funny to see all these V-twins bust their guts trying to get the numbers and then watch as the dyno would have trouble keeping an inline's back tire in constant contact with the roller...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :poke:...

ehmm...uh, yea!:laugh: :beerchug:

If they STOP (which I doubt) , YAUL just come on down to Ponca City, OK :beerchug: . Plenty of Places to eat :eatchicken:, and ABOVE ALL --------------- BIKER FRIENDLY :cheerleader:

We had the Oklahoma Hog Rally here this year and NO BODY COMPLAINED :thumbsup:

Back