Casper to Indy and Back.

it was a fun trip :drink: i learned a bunch and got some gear finally.:laugh: it was a pleasure to meet some really great people

Spending an extra day in Kansas was great. i slept and watched tv, and slept some more. i really enjoyed my time at the little house on the prairie.

We got our usual not so early morning start and made it 50yds before Jon realized he had no front brake! :nervous:

some more fluid and we were good to go. :thumbs:

it was a warm windy day in Kansas as we rode along I-70.
We stopped for gas in Russell for gas and some pics.
:poke: last time i was here it was rainy and cold. i rode all the way home that day in the freezing rain .:down:
but this time it was warm and sunny. :cheerleader:

we stopped in Oakley to check out the Prairie dog town zoo, they were closed :banghead:
not open for the year yet. bummer!
so we had a darn good burger and back out into the wind.

at our next stop there was a neat ol dually farm truck. fresh paint and mismatched tires. :laugh: :thumbs: i dig it! lol

on down the road, the wind picked up. and after fighting it for a few more hours it was time for ice cream and lemonade. i took a few pics to try and get the flags whippin in the wind.
the wind was blowin in a storm as we reached Limon Colorado. good news is we didn't get very wet and under the clouds the wind died down. :super:
the gas station in Limon has some funny sauce and a giant bear. :rofl: everyone loves a bear hug. :rofl:

we pulled into Denver about dark and got set up at out cousins home. We grabbed a 5th of Jack and a 6pac of PBR and tore it up family style :beerchug:

the kids had us up early, before i knew it i was drinking coffie with grandmaw, the ol squid Navy girl. we got along great. she likes to talk, and i, being one that possesses the gift of gab myself, and one that enjoys a good conversation. We got along Swell! :beerchug:

i was packed up and ready to leave and i could not find my key. i looked everywhere and could not for the life of me find it.
the key goes in the right glove in the right jacket pocket! every time!
well i went out to the bike and it was still in the trunk. :banghead:
i burned up some good Karma there. i wasn't in a very good neighborhood. and Haaa what a dumb move!!
some one up there loves me! :please: Thank You :please:

the cousins are a kick and the kids are cutie pa tooties. :laugh:

we said our goodbyes and i was off to see my Father inlaw.
Doris took us through downtown to get to the hospital. stupid garmin.
Dad was happy to see us. he can barely see but that should return. he says his stem cells are really cold when they shoot them into his heart port. he is looking good though.

we made our way back to the highway and into rush hour traffic. :banghead:
Bessie was getting warm and Jon's bike was hot as all get out. clutch smokin.
forgit it we needed a slurpie!
we pulled over south of Ft. Collins and i called GPMO! it was time for a burger!

:poke:what da ya know he was 15min south of us fightin the same traffic. :cheerleader:
he found us easily and we followed him to his home to grab his delightful wife and check out the zoo, then downtown to Choice City Deli and Butcher Shop!:beerchug::cheerleader: for what i now call " the best bacon cheese burger in the country".:bowdown:

i really like Paul (GPMO) :beerchug: i got him back for paying last time. :laugh:
i really like the beer selection there. i had a stout i couldn't see through, that was more like a wine at 11%.

it was getting late and i really wanted to get home. so we hammered it up I-25 not passing a gas stop along the way.
Cheyenne
ChugWater
Wheatland (Dino ride!! :laugh: )
Douglas- where my mom texted me while i was getting gas. Mothers instinct i guess. she knew i was in town. :kiss: she asked if i wanted to stay the night. NOPE! sorry Mom, im goin home!!

50mi later and i was home and happy! Biggz / Jon and i shook hands at 60mph as he took his exit.

3376.9mi

it has been years sence i had traveled with another person. it was different. all in all i could not have picked a better traveling companion. :beerchug:

he has seen the love of the ORG. and has joined as Biggz. :thumbs:

Thank you to the ORG, Hayabusa4life, Lurch, Bots, MoBusa, all my Friends and Family, Brothers and Sisters, NCOM, Wyoming Central ABATE and everyone else that helped make this trip possible. :bowdown::cheerleader:

2012-05-15_21-03-36_669.jpg

2012-05-15_21-03-47_328.jpg

2012-05-15_21-04-09_48.jpg

2012-05-15_21-04-24_158.jpg

2012-05-15_21-04-43_38.jpg

2012-05-15_21-04-55_685.jpg

2012-05-15_21-05-38_778.jpg

2012-05-16_10-16-04_838.jpg

2012-05-16_10-16-10_16.jpg

2012-05-16_10-16-15_109.jpg

2012-05-16_10-16-25_184.jpg

2012-05-16_10-20-13_464.jpg

2012-05-16_10-20-50_953.jpg

2012-05-16_10-16-42_656.jpg

2012-05-16_10-17-03_179.jpg

2012-05-16_11-15-00_703.jpg

2012-05-16_11-15-13_836.jpg

2012-05-16_11-15-08_820.jpg

2012-05-16_12-12-17_964.jpg

2012-05-16_12-12-30_977.jpg

:beerchug: And that's it folks.
Thank you for following us on our adventure.

:learn: i now open the forum to comments, questions, and concerns. :thumbs:

Man!!!! What a trip!! Thanks a lot for sharing and I'm glad you guys made it home safe!!!!

Very glad you and Jon made it safe and without any problems! :thumbsup:
Looks like Jon did a good job keeping you away from trouble :laugh:

Glad you guys are home safe. It was a pleasure meeting you guys. You are welcome here any time.

glad you guys made it home safe, next time your thru here give me a little more warning so i can buy you that burger and beer bro:thumbsup: thanks for sharing the pics awesome road trip

thanks for sharin, :thumbsup: but FYI...next time you're at the gas pump, please :please: get rid of your cigerrettes...:fire:

thanks for sharin, :thumbsup: but FYI...next time you're at the gas pump, please :please: get rid of your cigerrettes...:fire:

3376.9mi, Freezing freakin cold in the Badlands, getting lost 100mi from gas, a blown fork seal in Welcome, Blinding mist & fog heading into Milwaukee, trying to follow Wilson through traffic, Chicago Traffic, not getting shot or stabbed hanging out with Club members, the Kansas City spaghetti highway, surviving my family, :poke: and your worried about a cigarette? :rofl:

glad you enjoyed it.
:thumbs::beerchug:

So... this was Jon's first street bike and his first trip:

How does he like the old Sabre after riding her for a million miles?
Does he want to do more trips or is he done?
What will he do different next time?

Similar question for you:

What will you change about your Hayabusa before you do a trip like that again? Or was the bike dialed in as good as it gets?

Thanks for taking the time to write and post!

What will you change about your Hayabusa before you do a trip like that again? Or was the bike dialed in as good as it gets?

Yup, Jon's 1st bike, and 1st bike trip. :thumbs:
he spent all winter with me, every Thursday night 9pm-4am) working on bikes getting ready for this trip. we had 1st tried to put together an 850 maxim, but that poor thing was just too far gone.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/161470-850-maxim-project-fail.html

i think he is much more comfortable was with the bike than he was when we began this trip. i could see him begin to relax and take more chance about the middle of Minnesota. he didn't really start using his highway pegs til after Indy.
i think he still likes the ol Sabre, it might even have a name now. :laugh: he said he was going to take the trunk off for around town. and a bigger bike may just be in his near future. :thumbs:

i don't know if i broke him or if i will ever get him out of town with me again. we'll have to ask him.

as for what he would do different. i tell everyone the same thing, and now i got him saying it too.
"Pack Less, Take More Money."

my well this aint my 1st rodeo.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...rip-through-new-mexico-travel-log-w-pics.html

and Bessie is totally stock. down to the reflectors.
i might use a tour screen again. helibars are cool, i can't justify the $150 yet.
:rulez: My seat needs to be custom upholstered. more padding and a different cut would be awesome! i get a little sore after 500mi.

:beerchug: im glad you enjoyed our adventure.

yes it was my first bike and trip i will be taking more trips for sure.:thumbsup: I still need to find an auxiliary fuel storage that i like cause 70 mile gas stops suck i just get in a groove then its time for gas:banghead: a bigger bike would be nice but "Baby" is just fine for me :2cents:but i am saving for a Busa:whistle:

Back