Case mounted frame sliders

ICEMANN

Registered
e3_1.JPG

busaproctor.jpg

busaproctors.jpg

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-GSX1300R-Hayabusa-Protctor-Frame-Slider_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQitemZ4634
348392QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting" target="_blank">click here for link</a>

Buy now $39.00

THESE ARE NOT MINE JUST SHARING!

Description

￾@
1 This product will fit Suzuki Hayabusa 99-06

2 This set is CNC machined from high quality 6061 aluminum and Delrin

Beautiful chromed finish

3 Mounting bolts are included no drilling needed

4 only for left side

i dont see those standoffs doing their job in the event of a tip over... i bet they would bend or crack and break... and if you did a low side i bet those things wouldnt last 10 feet...

does anyone know someone that has lowsided with this installed? How did it hold up?

Hell anything is better than grinding down your cover. That's the only reason I couldn't ride my bike home when I low sided last year. I might have to look into those.

I think they would work. But if you corner real aggressively they probably would hit. I remember reading about someone scratching their fairings while cornering.

This Listing Is Unavailable  

This listing (#4634
348392) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.

I was gonna buy me a set
sad.gif
No brainer ... new cover is how much?

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146233080 -->

It's still valid, somehow cut n paste links arnt working Ill see if I can find the "item #" to look it up by.

JD

The item # is 4634348392 . I entered that into the search field and it popped right up. I e-mailed the seller and told him I want a set as well. Will let you know how good/bad they are once I get them in. Thanks for Sharing!
smile.gif

That product isn't for me or my busa and here's why...

1st?..This isn't a new thing/idea...it's been brought up and some made (for many other bikes besides the busa) for years now but...

2nd...General concensus goes something like this...why guard a $30-$50 stator cover with a product that costs the same yet...

lastly...you risk destroying your whole damn engine case using said product which you paid $40 to protect a $40 cover....meanwhile if you do lowside hard left?..those extended steel bolts will have the strentgh and "Leverage".....to rip large chunks of what used to be threaded holes OUT of your cast aluminum primary engine case...not good.

More than one engine has been scrapped over use of just such products...and that really hurts especially when the alternative "Could've Been"....as simple as replacing an inexpensive stock oem stator cover...and man?...that's gotta suck.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

1st?..This isn't a new thing/idea...it's been brought up and some made (for many other bikes besides the busa) for years now but...

2nd...General concensus goes something like this...why guard a $30-$50 stator cover with a product that costs the same yet...

lastly...you risk destroying your whole damn engine case using said product which you paid $40 to protect a $40 cover....meanwhile if you do lowside hard left?..those extended steel bolts will have the strentgh and "Leverage".....to rip large chunks of what used to be threaded holes OUT of your cast aluminum primary engine case...not good.

More than one engine has been scrapped over use of just such products...and that really hurts especially when the alternative "Could've Been"....as simple as replacing an inexpensive stock oem stator cover...and man?...that's gotta suck.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
yeah, I agreed to that...just like frame slider, it is supposed to, crushed in when they touch the ground, so it will protect the body parts, now days they make it with chrome one and other metal ones to make them look good, but they are not doing good jobs like a real one supposed to...(they dents the frame and sometimes they put permernent damages in the frame...) I rather damage or tear up the plastics, and get me a good excuse to paint to whole bike different scheme...
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
yeah, I agreed to that...just like frame slider, it is supposed to, crushed in when they touch the ground, so it will protect the body parts, now days they make it with chrome one and other metal ones to make them look good, but they are not doing good jobs like a real one supposed to...(they dents the frame and sometimes they put permernent damages in the frame...) I rather damage or tear up the plastics, and get me a good excuse to paint to whole bike different scheme...
biggrin.gif
Exactly my opinion on this hydrabusa
smile.gif
Sliders do protect bikes at times, but can also create problems too. I just hope not to go down at all
war.gif

Looks like the woodcraft stuff Rythym runs.
No offense,JD but I aint Pimpn no shid like that, P. Heres what mine lookz like and I have an additional black skid plate just in case she goes down hard and need replacement.

WoodCrafts super duty case cover !!!!!!!!
DSC02186.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146311633 -->

here is mine with my grandma 82yearsold
biggrin.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

close up ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back