Carrying camping stuff

But what do you do with the bike when your camping? I don’t like leaving mine in a parking lot because bikes are easy to steal. Where do you stop to camp at? Rest stops? State park camp areas? Seems like a fun way to travel but I would be up all night in a sniper hide waiting for someone to think about stealing the bike. So no rest...lol

look at backpacking gear, it usually costs a bit more but is worth it when space and weight are at a premium
plus ive seen some racks that fit on the grab rail area that have a vertical and horizontal platform for carrying gear. i bought one that had a flat surface that i attached a bag to. found it on ebay. if you find one that does both then it would be easier to attach a backback kind of thing.

Yay.....not!
I lived in one of these long enough for two life times

hoochie.png

I have a 3k mile ride coming up and I'm trying to get stuff together. To save on hotels I want to camp every other night. I know a lot of guys on here ride and camp, where do you keep a sleeping bag and tent? How do you strap it? I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money to make it work. I also don't want to kill the looks of the bike by stacking stuff 10ft high on the back. lol

I guess what I'm looking for is a tent and sleeping bag that will pack into a VERY small space. Luggage wise, I'm just throwing some stuff in a backpack and strapping it to the back seat.
I carried everything on my busa from two extra rims to two cases of beer full camping gear with a stupid circular tent and a backpack as a sleeping bag, I've carried bmfit of tools a carpenter needs to start a job air compressor circular saw hammer drill reciprocating saw kit plus my pouch strapped over my head and a box of 20 pounds of fuels there's nothing I haven't carried on top of my bike so you should be fine. Just remember try to minimalize

I carried everything on my busa from two extra rims to two cases of beer full camping gear with a stupid circular tent and a backpack as a sleeping bag, I've carried bmfit of tools a carpenter needs to start a job air compressor circular saw hammer drill reciprocating saw kit plus my pouch strapped over my head and a box of 20 pounds of fuels there's nothing I haven't carried on top of my bike so you should be fine. Just remember try to minimalize

I almost thought you carried all of this at once there for a second....

That's quite a bit of stuff to carry on a sport bike....

Back