Carrozzeria

Malicious

Registered
ok, so i have some extra jingle coming to me in the form of retro pay and im wondering if these (CARROZZERIA USA INC - PRODUCTS PAGE - MOTORCYCLE AFTERMARKET WHEEL MANUFACTURE MAKERS OF THE TRI-R VTRACK V TRACK V7R FORGED WHEELS) are essentially a plug and play thing.... can i bolt on my stock brake rotors and sprocket, mount the rubber and go? or do i need to buy aftermarke everything for them to work? definitley liking this tri r more than the v track, and i think the blue finish will go nicely on my 2010 blue busa

You need a ZX-12 style sprocket to go with them, but your stock rotors will fit. The installation requires different torque values than the stock parts, so pay close attention to the paperwork that comes with them.

I loved my V-Tracks. :thumbsup:

Edit: I see you're looking at the Tri-R wheels. I'd guess they probably work the same as the V-Tracks, but give Carrozzeria a call to be sure. The website kinda makes me think the Tri-R might require their specific rotors too.

Dam Wheels Crop.jpg

I think the stock rotors will bolt up but you will need a Kawaski sprocket. The web site says it comes with everything (hub, carriers, ect.) but didn't say if it came with the valve stems.

I think the stock rotors will bolt up but you will need a Kawaski sprocket. The web site says it comes with everything (hub, carriers, ect.) but didn't say if it came with the valve stems.

Mine came with metal valve stems.

so is this zx sprocket available in the same size as a stock busa sprocket? or would i have to change the chain and other stuff too?

so is this zx sprocket available in the same size as a stock busa sprocket? or would i have to change the chain and other stuff too?

I used a Vortex sprocket made for the ZX-12. It fits fine, and I didn't have to replace anything else.

The Kawi uses a 530 chain like the Busa, so your chain and front sprocket don't need to be swapped out. The reason for changing the rear sprocket is that Carrozzeria wheels use the Kawasaki bolt pattern.

I'm saying I would as the old chain and counter sprocket have existing wear and may cause the new rear sprocket to wear uneven or prematurely. You may or may not choose to.

I'm saying I would as the old chain and counter sprocket have existing wear and may cause the new rear sprocket to wear uneven or prematurely. You may or may not choose to.

2000km is what? 1200+/- miles. unless he was just running it dry as a bone or on the beach I wouldn't hesitate to use what he already has.

Isn't there a set of these for a busa for sale in classifieds?

There actually on e-bay right now, new V track. If I wasn't getting ready to change the color on my blue gen 2 I would've already snagged them for it. Just to see how it looked with blue hoops. It is a good deal though if someone is wanting to add a little style.:beerchug:

Link:
VTracks

2000km is what? 1200+/- miles. unless he was just running it dry as a bone or on the beach I wouldn't hesitate to use what he already has.

I agree with you here. Such a small difference hardly seems worth wasting the life remaining in the chain and front sprocket. Those aren't exactly cheap. If anything, just do the next full swap a little earlier than you normally would.

its 1240 miles.... i still gotta wait and see how much the check is, and what happens with the exhaust i bought... hopefully itll all pan out... itd be pretty sick rolling on these babies

I agree with you here. Such a small difference hardly seems worth wasting the life remaining in the chain and front sprocket. Those aren't exactly cheap. If anything, just do the next full swap a little earlier than you normally would.

Not trying to tell anyone what or how to finish an expensive modification. I was only stating that "If I were to do it" this is how I would proceed. Your dropping $2200 on rims what is another $200?
It's just another example of my OCD and being a perfectionist.

I'm interested in getting a set myself..might splurge for the 240. I wonder if there's any way we can get a group buy going ???:please:

CZ sells the correct sprocket with the wheels, and yes your rotors will bolt right up!

Back