Carrozzeria Wheels

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok someone has to have the answer to this ? Just put these on the bike a couple of days ago but can't find the torque spec's for these wheels. Need the numbers for the axle bolt. Factory is 100n I believe can anyone tell me if these are less? Went for a ride around the block and wheels make noise. Which is coming from the bearing region.... Anyone?

Stage one in chrome

Was the noise coming from the front or back... or your not sure?
Did you spin the front wheel when the bike was lifted sitting still? I haven't had mine on the road yet, but the only noise I was getting was from the pads on the rotors.

Both front and rear are 72.5 ft. pounds. (on axle)

On the front did you?

1) spin the front wheel and set the brakes a few times.
2) compress front forks by pushing down.
3) tighten the fork pinch bolt on the right side last. (16.5ft lbs.)

Answer yes/no only.

runeight
smile.gif

(EXTREMEFUN1300 @ Sep. 12 2006,19:32) Was the noise coming from the front or back... or your not sure?
Did you spin the front wheel when the bike was lifted sitting still?  I haven't had mine on the road yet, but the only noise I was getting was from the pads on the rotors.
Only coming from the back and yes every single bolt has been torqued to factory spec's....
sad.gif

(runeight @ Sep. 12 2006,20:23) Both front and rear are 72.5 ft. pounds. (on axle)

On the front did you?

1) spin the front wheel and set the brakes a few times.
2) compress front forks by pushing down.
3) tighten the fork pinch bolt on the right side last. (16.5ft lbs.)

Answer yes/no only.

runeight    
smile.gif
Thats right where I put the rear in fact I dropped it to 70 and same result....
Yes to all 1-3 (no noise coming from the front of bike).
This is coming from the rear bearings. Brand new wheel, bearings, etc... Called Carr but wasn't sure he understood my question. English was a struggle for the gentlemen who answered the phone. But, very helpful in that they answered almost 7 minutes after close of business. I'm going to try the 50 foot lbs suggested. I'll keep everyone posted.... I need to nip this in the bud ASAP as I'm leaving for AR in the AM on the bike!

Thanks for all the input guys, helps me keep my sanity! Can't for the life of me figure out if I skipped something..

Seems odd that the bearings would be bad if the wheels are new.

I am also not sure if the torque specs would be different. Wouldn't think so.

Everything looks right on the rear brake caliper? Not much of a way to get that wrong.

I suppose you could remove the rear caliper and turn the rear wheel. If the noise is still there than we know it is in the wheel it's self. Elimanation process if you will.

runeight...

I have those wheels & use the stock Busa torque settings for the axle. I do not have a noise issue.

Removing the brake caliper & spinning the wheel is a good idea to find the problem by process of elimination.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the chain. Since the wheel comes with a new sprocket are you using a stretched chain on the new sprocket? Try removing the chain, If the noise is gone you have a chain issue, if the noise is still there then I would say you have a bearing or spacer issue.

Concur.... Chain is brand new! Have narrowed this down to spacers/bearings... Will keep you posted.

were the bearing installed before the wheels were chromed and then put back in? are those wheels made for the busa or another bike?

(StreetnTrack @ Sep. 13 2006,08:34) were the bearing installed before the wheels were chromed and then put back in?  are those wheels made for the busa or another bike?
good question Charles..

Nice wheels KS. I was going to buy them instead of the Marchesini's. Now I wish I would have.

Check all the adapters that bolt to the wheel. Mine were snug but not tight when i got my wheels and they loosened after a few hundred miles. Blue loctite and some grunt fixed that. I would remove the wheel and rotate the bearing by hand. Listen for any strange noises. You might have a bad bearing.
Try giving Charles at Street&Track a call. He sold me my set of Carrozzeria's wheels, i recommend him.

Appears to be fixed.... Removed everything and reinstalled! I"m heading to Arkansas in less than an hour.

Back