Carrozzeria Hayabusa Wheel Set

anyone heard of these before?

https://www.tobefast.com/product.php?productid=1733882&cat=53998&page=1

wondering if they are worth the price - and close to the price of the aluminum marchesini's... wonder which is better??

I have read in other forums about guys who have had quality issues - fit, finish, etc. I did my research and went with galespeed, marchesini's are also a quality product which I have on another bike. I am sure there are guys here who have them and can speak from their personal experience.

I've had a set, and Dngrumpy has them on his bike!

The first pic is my bike and the second is Grumpy's bike!

Busa 001.jpg

Sexs on wheels 002.jpg

Can anyone speak (facts only please) to the longevity or effectiveness of the cush drive mechanisms of any of these front line aluminum street wheels? I had read on SR one time that the Old Oz wheeels actually used the Stock cush drive rubbers but are now out of production. Most of the others use a proprietary cush drive mechanism.

Surprised no one mentioned Marvic in this.

I ran them on my bike with a 190+ HP, and never had a problem with the cush drive!
It is a much stiffer drive then the stock set, but you get a much better traction felling from them also!

If you want CZ's give me a call,and we can talk about past or present issues.

There were some bearing issues and spacer tolerences but that has come full circle with new management.

BST
Marchesini
Galespeed
Dymag
CZ

When we did a huge Group Buy on CZ wheels for the Blackbird community several years ago, we had some rather horrendous bearing issues, spacer tolerance issues, and 2 instances of complete cush drive failure on the CZ wheels. Bearings were the cheapest Chinese POS bearings on the planet. All of this was circa 2005-2006 time frame.

Matsu (owner at the time, perhaps he is still there) had such poor English skills, this contributed to the problem in a serious way. We could not convince him to that the soft aluminum spacer he was using was simply not up to the job. Torquing the rear axle bolt to spec resulted in spacers they were all chewed up. When we told Matsu about this, his reply was "you only torque half-spec here".

???

Um...... shyeah, Matsu, that sounds like a good idea, let's torque the rear axle of a powerful hyperbike only half of what it should be....

Since Greg indicates CZ is under new management, hopefully things have turned around. And, to be honest, the WHEELS themselves were God-like works of art... it was the non-wheel parts of the system - bearings and spacers, primarily - that turned the whole thing upside down. The vendor of the Group Buy lost his ass on the deal, but did the right thing by Group Buy players and stepped up to "fix" Matsu's f*ck-ups.

Still and all, the wheels are, in fact, absolutely gorgeous. After I fixed my right spacer problem on the rear CZ wheel for my '05 R1, I admit I loved the CZ wheels... still wish I had this R1......:bowdown:

FullRightside.jpg

SBKs_rt_qtr.jpg

CTS_rotor1.jpg

Hey Grumpy, how you like cleaning those wheels? :laugh:

I have polished GaleSpeed wheels myself (Greg at HPW supplied them)
DSC_0061.JPG

Back