Carpenter Race Engines

benchmstr

Registered
anybody have any history with them? i just started hearing people talk about them, but i havent met any clients yet.

bench

what do you want to know.... Tons of people use his head in racing. Lots of street riders running around with different carpenter packages.

what do you want to know.... Tons of people use his head in racing. Lots of street riders running around with different carpenter packages.

how are his street bike packages?

i read about this company on a few forums and heard all good things, but all i read about were their race only kits. so i was just wondering if anybody had any direct experience with their street kits before i start spending money.

bench

Don't know from experience...but I googled them and looked down through their packages<>now I am drooling all over my keyboard~!~

If you talk to Bob directly and are honest with what your intentions are and goals you'll end up with what you want/need.

Years ago he setup a head for my 1585cc street engine. Mild cams with mild timing and a street/pump gas friendly CR. I had this combo for a few years. Always used regular 80whatever pump gas. The bike saw all weather conditions, all kinds of riding, and even a race or two. Never had any problems with the setup.

I would recommend Carpenter racing to anyone. If you ever goto his shop you'll notice the amount of bikes that are intrusted to him. Don't ever go there before a big race event though because he'll be swamped with a ton of bikes that need to be freshened up etc before the race. :laugh:

Also I know I recomended Carpenter to a board memeber here who wanted a drive-in/out street package and that member has been happy ever since. At least I haven't heard him mention ever not being satisfied.

If you talk to Bob directly and are honest with what your intentions are and goals you'll end up with what you want/need.

Years ago he setup a head for my 1585cc street engine. Mild cams with mild timing and a street/pump gas friendly CR. I had this combo for a few years. Always used regular 80whatever pump gas. The bike saw all weather conditions, all kinds of riding, and even a race or two. Never had any problems with the setup.

I would recommend Carpenter racing to anyone. If you ever goto his shop you'll notice the amount of bikes that are intrusted to him. Don't ever go there before a big race event though because he'll be swamped with a ton of bikes that need to be freshened up etc before the race. :laugh:

Also I know I recomended Carpenter to a board memeber here who wanted a drive-in/out street package and that member has been happy ever since. At least I haven't heard him mention ever not being satisfied.

thanks, i will give him a call

bench

I know this is over a month BUT, i went with Carpenter for my head in my gen 1, 2,500 they included return shipping came back in a week.....What a difference.....Call and talk to bob directly, straight forward no hassle just great work...reliability and power increase is ridiculous....I am doing a 1397 build with it. My friend has had his for over 3 yrs literally abusing the motor...Not an issue...you wont be dissapointed!

I have heard nothing but good about him over the years.. now it pry into his head and get some secrets? :)

Ryan's shop is also always busy and he has some great expertise there... Gotta love guys that actually race or support race teams on the season scale.. tough program now days

Last edited:
Back