carpenter or lees

jjc1800

Registered
want to get some motor work done to my 08 busa ,but not to sure who i want to do the work carpenter or lees. what do you guys think.

at first I was thinking blue jeans :whistle:

They are both VERY reputable, I wouldn't see an issue with either of them.

Stay away from Carpenter!!!!! He screwed over a friend of mine that just had an engine built. He paid for a rebuild and a 200hp kit and recieved a stock engine back. Carpenter is saying they did the work but the proof is in the engine. Bone stock head, no cams or anything. He's taking legal action against them. Go to Lee's, much better guy to deal with.

yikes....dint know this about Carpenter.

Sheirts is da bomb n I seen two diff. packages for Gen. II Busas on his site already:beerchug:

Stay away from Carpenter!!!!! He screwed over a friend of mine that just had an engine built. He paid for a rebuild and a 200hp kit and recieved a stock engine back. Carpenter is saying they did the work but the proof is in the engine. Bone stock head, no cams or anything. He's taking legal action against them. Go to Lee's, much better guy to deal with.

If it is a 2008 bike I have seen some claim 200 RWHP with oxynated fuel and stock cams + mild porting.

Besides Carpenters dyno is a happy one...

From Lees site:
2008/2009 Hayabusa GSX1300R

Stage 1 195-200hp.

kit includes

Brock's Shorty Alum. Gen.3 Exhaust

Install Exhaust

Dyno-Tune & Custom Map

$ 1490.00 tax included

200 RWHP without lifting the valve cover.....:cheerleader:

I would go with Lee for the heads and if you plan on doing any tranny work go with Orient Express :beerchug:

I bought an 04 with a Lee's 1397 from GMBusa and it runs fantastic. My 2¢ on Lee's......

Lee is the answer. Jsut as noted above I personally know of people that sent stuff to Carpenter and had issues jsut like above. Not making the power it was supposed to etc.

Lee not only is involved with his builds but he races his stuff too. Both AMA Dragbike racing and land speed racing. So he knows what he is doing.

Another TOP shelf company would be KWS Motorsports in Charleston. Talk to CHIP. They have built me several engines and they always haul ass. KWS is also very reputable and races at the AMA superbike level in road racing. Either one will do you right. Tell them Don sent you.

Lee all day way! The last two head and cams sets I got from him were awesome. He has a new cylinder head guy name John and he can work some magic on that CNC.

wow I'm a bit shocked to here about this incident with Carpenter. I've had plenty of work done by him and have always recommended his shop to others.

As far as who's doing heads for what kind of racing I know for drag, LSR, and street I would recommend Carpenter and/or KWS to anyone. Carpenter doesn't personaly race anymore but his heads are on alot of bikes.

thanks guys for all your info. i am leaning toward lees because i took my zx 14 to carpenter for head work and he didnt put enough sealant on the valve cover when the motor was put back together . needless to say i had a bad oil leak.

Back