carpenter 1397

ccsdspeer7

Registered
i have an 05 hayabusa with pc3,full ti yoshimura tri-oval dual outlet exhaust. just got my motor back from carpenter 1397cc (220hp kit) and he was telling me that this exhaust was hurting the power. he told me to go with Ti- Force sumo or Brock Hindle. i hate to get rid of the yosh but if its killing power i dont need it. need input thanks.

tiforce or brock and he is right....lmk if you wanna get either at a good price.

What did the bike dyno? Have you had it dyno'ed yourself since getting it back?

lurk.gif
show those dyno print outs

yes, you will need to change to get all your hp out. if you don't do street racing or strip racing you will enjoy your yosh.

The Yoshimura X1 Hayabusa was just a 12-1 compression standard bore with cams and made +190 HP with their system .

Maybe not the ultimate pipe for 1397 drag bikes because of the primary pipe sizing but for ground clearance on the road race track and not crushing the pipes the Tri-Oval is great for most .

(StreetnTrack @ Nov. 02 2006,19:02) I don't think the pipe on the X1 is the same as the off the shelf yosh pipe.
Mountain knows enough to know that........
He's just a Yosh fan!

after i put some breakin miles i took the bike to a local dyno, it turned 173 hp i was quite disapointed.(stock on this dyno is about 135hp) i called carpenter he ask me what kind of exhaust and rear tire (shinko 003)i had. he told me the exhaust was hurting me about 3 to 6 hp and the tire was hurting about 6 hp. i ended up taking the bike to carpenter to put it on his dyno, first thing he did was check my rear tire psi which was at 17psi he told me that was some of the problem. he aired the rear tire up to 35 psi. and put it on the dyno and run 202 hp. then he put race gas in it and run 208hp.he said the shinko is not good for showing hp on the dyno.

10-12 hp lose with a shinko.....theres your 220hp...you will probably see a little more within the next few 100 miles.

carpenter did a good job with the motor the thing even runs smoother than it did stock, the exhaust thing stumped me i always thought yosh was top of the line.

(ccsdspeer7 @ Nov. 02 2006,23:35) carpenter did a good job with the motor the thing even runs smoother than it did stock, the exhaust thing stumped me i always thought yosh was top of the line.
Seriously, they aren't a bad exhaust, but the headers aren't stepped, and the design of them isn't the best. If you're gonna go spend the cheese on a motor, you may as well be able to use what you paid for.......

(ccsdspeer7 @ Nov. 03 2006,02:35) carpenter did a good job with the motor the thing even runs smoother than it did stock, the exhaust thing stumped me i always thought yosh was top of the line.
Re-read Goldenchilds post . He's spot on and you are making the power .

You can change exhaust but at this point it's looking like you'd spend 1000 bucks for maybe 2-5 hp and since you use a Shinko , guessing you drag race it . How many miles per hour additional trap speed will that HP bump give you ?

Whether it's worth it or not only you can decide since it's your money .

BTW, thanks for posting those dyno numbers . Did Bob trim the fuel in the base map while it was on the dyno or were those numbers made with the supplied base map he sends out ?

you can order the bracket and spacers to make a sumo use a rear pass. peg.

Back