CarFax

Bought an '06 PT Cruiser. CARFAX showed it clear. Wife brought it home and as I walked up to it I told her it had been wrecked. She said, " but the dealer gave me this CARFAX and it was clear. Paint over spray on tail light. Removed tail light, body filler pouring through a couple dozen holes.

Good luck :thumbsup:

^ first of all, what where you thinking buy a PT Cruiser??? Ok, now that is out of my system... I wanted the carfox to go with two vehicles that I am selling so I can show them to potential buyers...

PT Cruiser, huh... sure blame it on the wife.

Carfax is handy, but as DOT mentioned it's not really the amazing tool it's made out to be. It simple reports accident damage, leins etc that have been reported. Lots and lots of cars have damage of all sorts that never gets reported.

In your case though, it's handy to have for a potential buyer as it currently gives folks a sense "Everything is OK" and that's handy.

Good luck.

You need a friend in the car trade world. The Cruiser was nice. I see a butt load of them on the road too. :laugh:

A magnet used to be really helpful to spot crappy repairs on a car, but all the plastic parts on cars you need a good eye to spot the defects. Never buy a car at night:laugh:

You need a friend in the car trade world. The Cruiser was nice. I see a butt load of them on the road too. :laugh:

They make neat fixer up cars. Guy has one here with a Vette 350/400 HP with some kind of converted suspention, exhaust (sounds GREAT :thumbsup: ) and BBS wheels. Massive disc brakes and a leather interior to Dream of !! They can be made really neat cars :beerchug:

Back