Carbtune works great!!

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
So, it was 73º this afternoon and I had to take advantage of the great weather. I wish I was out riding, but Violet is getting prepped for the Bash... So, I decided to break out My New Toy. I recently purchased a Carbtune Pro and have been waiting to test it out... Shawn and I like to help out at the Bash and throttle body syncs are one of the things we'll do...

It's been a couple years since I last sync'd Violet's throttle bodies...so perfect time to try out the Carbtune...

I warmed up Violet and pulled the airbox. I got the Carbtune all setup and pulled a before shot. As you can see - not terrible, but not ideal:

photo(2).jpg

And after a little adjusting:

photo(3).jpg

Now to finish getting some mods installed and she'll be ready to go! :thumbsup:

photo(2).jpg

photo(3).jpg

Oh - and stay tuned for the sign-up sheet for syncs at the Bash ;)

very nice! i bet MC will foist me off on you since he said Lucy was the hardest tune he had ever done :laugh:

Bah! Get Lucy in line...I'll get her squared away.

I'll just need a couple hours or so....

(what size are those bolts on that exhaust? :whistle: )

i'm quoting so i can see the pics lol

So, it was 73º this afternoon and I had to take advantage of the great weather. I wish I was out riding, but Violet is getting prepped for the Bash... So, I decided to break out My New Toy. I recently purchased a Carbtune Pro and have been waiting to test it out... Shawn and I like to help out at the Bash and throttle body syncs are one of the things we'll do...

It's been a couple years since I last sync'd Violet's throttle bodies...so perfect time to try out the Carbtune...

I warmed up Violet and pulled the airbox. I got the Carbtune all setup and pulled a before shot. As you can see - not terrible, but not ideal:

View attachment 181572

And after a little adjusting:

View attachment 181573

Now to finish getting some mods installed and she'll be ready to go! :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Wish I was goin to the bash so I could have y'all help me get mine sync'd
Posted via Mobile Device

On your recomendation I bought the same unit! Been needing one of these. Glad to see it works good! Nothing like s throttle sync to cure a few ills. :thumbsup:

Thanks Omar!

I have the same Morgan Carbtune and love it too!! I tried initially to build the ol' home-made unit and after a disasterous FAIL... I broke down and bought this unit-- sync'd perfectly the first time and every time since....getting the right tool to do the job= good throttle sync:beerchug:

how much is it & what all's involved in the process?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok I have a question I bought the motion pro sync and I think I have mine synced good it fixed my sluggish problem around 4000 and fixed my gas milage problem, but while I was syncing they all bounce together but while I turn each on everything moves and then the fan kicking on makes them move also, so my question is do you need to hold it at a certain throttle or keep a fan on the engine in hopes of the factory one not coming on? Also, is it supposed to be running rough while tuning? Not like its going to die but just not good? Thanks for your help. I have some more questions but these will fix most of my curiosity

I synched mine with the fast idle adjusted way out, so it was running at a couple ticks below 3000 rpm.

My thought was, check at idle and part throttle, then try to split the difference if needed. You spend way more time just off-idle than you do idling.

how much is it & what all's involved in the process?
Posted via Mobile Device

About $100 for the kit that I bought (Carbtune Pro with the pouch).

As for difficulty - not too bad, patience is mainly what's needed. In a nutshell, remove the airbox, remove the vacuum lines from the t-bodies, connect up the Carbtune, start the bike and adjust 3 screws - takes patience - to get to optimal balance...then hook everything back up and adjust the idle.

Ok I have a question I bought the motion pro sync and I think I have mine synced good it fixed my sluggish problem around 4000 and fixed my gas milage problem, but while I was syncing they all bounce together but while I turn each on everything moves and then the fan kicking on makes them move also, so my question is do you need to hold it at a certain throttle or keep a fan on the engine in hopes of the factory one not coming on? Also, is it supposed to be running rough while tuning? Not like its going to die but just not good? Thanks for your help. I have some more questions but these will fix most of my curiosity

Did you remove the air pressure sensor and intake air temp sensor and hook them back up? The APS is on the back left of the airbox and the AITS is on the bottom-left. Plus, I'll plug the vacuum line to the flapper; it's still pulling vacuum.

If you have everything hooked back up, the bike should idle normally. I'll adjust at idle - pausing for when the fan kicks on. And yes, it takes a VERY light touch when adjusting... I'll bump the throttle several times to make sure that everything is still looking good.

Back