Carbtune II

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
carbopening2.jpg

Very Very nice product, not that there is anything wrong with the mecury sticks (my porblems were all self generated) but if your not comfortable with using mecury this tool is excellent.

I knew my throttle bodies were out so while I had it the air box off (and sitting at 7000 miles) threw in some new plugs and balanced the throttle bodies using the Carbtune II and what a diference. I sit in traffic and I almost have to look at the tack to make sure it still running it's so smooth. Purring like a happy kitten
super.gif

Thanks to Jinkster for the tutorial
bowdown.gif
, never would of thought of doing it on my own. I did ask my local stealership...$175 to do what I did (just balancing the bodies).

If you don't like the thought or chance of mecury around you or in your motor, the Carbtune II is a must have, highly recommended.

Don't remember who recommended the Carbtune to me but
bowdown.gif
thank you. Awesome product.

http://www.carbtune.com/carbdtls.html

bowdown.gif

When you ordered it, did it come from England or is there an American distributer?

It came from England, took about 6 working days.

You pay in pounds and it's billed to your credit card in dollars. Worked out to about $100+ with shipping.

A little more expensive than the mecury sticks but with the newb factor
newbie.gif
, I'm much more comfortable tinkering around figuring out what I'm doing rather than having to worry about watching my motor go up like a solar flare.

Yep, I got one of these a couple of years ago. Used it on my Bandit 12. Fantastic job and easy to use. Haven't used it on the Busa yet but will at the next (plugs n filter)service. I would recommend one of these highly.
They actually come from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I think mine cost €70 at the time but they've probably gone up in price since then.

I bought one of those a few years ago to use on my zrx1200. Works like a champ. Shipped from England in about one week. Just gotta find the thing in storage since moving this year.

Back