Carbon Fiber luster

Burger King

breakin' the law
Donating Member
Registered
Is there anything that will bring back the sheen to a carbon fiber canister? My Akro has dulled over time and I'd like to make it look better.

Wish I could help. I tried car polish and furniture polish on mine and just couldn't get it to look right. Wound up putting a new sleeve on it.

+1 for claybar, or at least attempt. If not, wet sanding should work, followed by a nice polish sealant. GL.

hi suggest , a recoat of clear finishing UV PAINT., THAT;S wart i did spend some $$ to get it respray with UV clear COATING PAINT

I have a yoshi cf system as well, the manufacturer recomends repacking the can ever 15k miles to keep the cf from dulling from heat.

busatrioval.jpg

(DUELTIPCARBINTRIOVAL @ Sep. 11 2006,19:02) I have a yoshi cf system as well, the manufacturer recomends repacking the can ever 15k miles to keep the cf from dulling from heat.
Learn sumfin new today.
super.gif

You might want to try Mothers alluminum paste. I know it brings back faded headlight plastic. I have used it in the past on many Mustangs. Brings it from foggy to clear. I would try a small spot on the back side first. Just a thought.

Back